The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I hate Nicole Kidman > Comments

I hate Nicole Kidman : Comments

By Adriana Maxwell, published 10/1/2005

Adrianna Maxwell explains why she hates Nicole Kidman

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 118
  8. 119
  9. 120
  10. All
here here,

I can't say I "hate" nicole, but I am increasingly pissed off at the acolation these film stars get just for being extremely lucky in their lives. They do nothing but be beautiful and encourage anorexia. They have nothing profound to say to the public. they don't do enough good with the millions they earn for making movies. I would have preferred to hear that nicole was taking two million with her to asia's tsunami victims than simply "doing a tour " of the devastation. Lucky victims and survivors they get to meet a movie star instead of getting medical supplies and food and counselling.

Kylie is just as bad, promoting sex as if there's nothing else in life. She's done everything in her videos bar ripping her clothes right off. That's great for the guys and girls growing up thinking that's all there is isn't it? Instead of pouting into the camera , Kylie should be encouraging self confidence and self love to teenagers. and maybe dishing out some of her millions to several charities too. That should be in the papers instead of how great her arse is. Whcih b y the way is only great because you get to see it so much you are brainwashed.
gggrrr
Posted by aussie2, Monday, 10 January 2005 2:45:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel exactly the same way about Hugh Jackman, Mel Gibson and other men of the same ilk! How dare they exploit their good looks and (alleged) talent to make millions of dollars, hoity-toitying around the world dispensing their little pearls of wisdom onto an adoring female public whilst I, chubby, wallflowerish and economically challenged, have to make do in dreary suburbia, desperate for any kind words or acknowledgment of my existence. My heroes of the stage and screen and life in general are the men us ordinary guys can look up to and emulate - Danny DeVito, Woody Allen, John Howard. Men that make us think, "My God! He's even shorter, fatter, more neurotic and duller than I am! If he can do it, so can I". They are inspirations to ordinary men.

Now having said that you couldn't be more wrong about Nicole and Kylie. They are both beautiful. Who cares if they can act? Who cares if they give to charity? There's enough ugly girls around to do that! Who would you rather have played Nic's part in "Eyes Wide Shut", Margaret Whitlam!? I think not. And if Kylie doesn't radiate self confidence and self love, then who does?! I'm sure if you asked the lucky bloke who gets to have sex with Kylie he would tell you that there IS nothing else in life! I'd much rather be brainwashed by Kylie's arse than ABC political commentary.
Posted by bozzie, Monday, 10 January 2005 4:16:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can see where Bozzie is coming from (on Kylie, at least ;-), but my empathy lies with Adriana.

I hate Nicole almost as much, but have no idea why. I think I probably hated her all along, and Adriana’s vilification is no causation whatsoever.
Posted by Seeker, Monday, 10 January 2005 9:35:01 PM
Very amusing! Good to see some decent humour in On Line Opinion. I have never understood the Nicole phenomenon either and it is about time we allowed detractors from the Kidman Corporation some press space.

I also believe that if Margaret Whitlam had been cast in "Eyes Wide Shut" it certainly would have made for an interesting interpretation of that role!
Posted by SKE, Monday, 10 January 2005 11:31:36 PM
Bravo Adriana Maxwell - an excellent piece which gave me a good laugh - I loved it, especially the "Nic Off" campaign buttons!

But, the really interesting thing is, that although Adriana's tome was written in a "tongue-in-cheek" style, it is actually quite true.

Kidman's fame is so totally out of proportion - afterall, she is just one of many, "so called" good looking actors, who married and divorced well, and has made the grade in popular Hollywood movies. With all due respect, this is hardly the stuff of legends!

But, it seems some Australians are determined to make her one. Is this infatuation because she is an Australian who has made it into a few Hollywood movies? That didn't do it for me. Is it because she married Tom Cruise? That, also, didn't do it for me.

So what is all the fuss about I wonder? Is it all to do with our need for cultural identity? I hope not, as making legends out of 30-something, very ordinary, divorced actors is a rather desperate act, and something we don't need to do.
Posted by Jenanne, Tuesday, 11 January 2005 6:27:21 AM
Bravo Adianna???????!! For promoting hate??

While a discussion of the machinations of celebrity is something to visit, to try to make your point by singling out Nicole Kidman with hate is a reflection upon yourself.

Nicole Kidman is not the only celebrity in the Australian weeklies. We have Paris Hilton (non-Australian), Brad and Jen (sadly split), etc etc etc. I am not a fan of such stories myself. Magazines publish these stories without the permission of the celebs involved. Many of these articles are untrue and many reflect badly on the celeb. The celeb is used to sell the magazine. Why turn on the star?

Who knows why one celeb is singled out more than another. Something about the person and their life intrigues others. Why that is so is an interesting subject for discussion and I could name some possible reasons for Nicole but they would be wasted here.

So what if some people here in Ausrtalia and across the world admire 'Our Nic'?

The opinion expressed by the author of this topic is bitchy and uncalled for. Worse, the author could be possibly exploiting Nicole Kidman's fame to big note herself. You used the word "Miaow". How appropriate to you (PS. check your facts before implying Nicole Kidman does not donate).
Posted by PoohBah, Tuesday, 11 January 2005 11:46:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 118
  8. 119
  9. 120
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy