The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth > Comments

Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth : Comments

By Paul White, published 15/9/2004

Dr Paul White argues that the media is not giving Sydney's Lebanese communinity a 'fair go'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
I was enjoying reading this article until unfortunately I found some incorrect details. I suggest you review your article and sources as sloppy information you have obtained has offended me. This is ironic as you suggest the media (since this article was printed is also considerd media) has alot to answer for...
Thank you.
Posted by songstress, Friday, 31 December 2004 7:27:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wholeheartedly agree with songstress, fact does seem to have evaded "your opinion".
As for the Bra Boys, Oh Pah Lease, get over it. Not only did you get the mans name wrong, but you haven't even bothered to update and note, he has been acquited of all charges.
By the way, it's Jai Abberton. But that demonstrates the accuracy of the entire topic. At the time of writhing this, did you stop to consider the poor souls that have been murdered in Bali and the threat we now face of an attack on our own soil. Shame on you. I'm Australian and proud, and I don't think I have to appologise to someone who has migrated here and then decides they won't accept our lifestyle.
Australians have over the years integrated well with all migrants that arrived on our shores, they themselves are now Proud Australians, unlike yourself.
Stop protecting a minority of religous zelots that violently refuses to integrate into Australian society in a graceful manner.
Posted by braboy, Wednesday, 5 October 2005 11:18:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
M-ates A-ffiliation R-eign 0-ffshore U-ntouchable B-rothers R-oyal A-dherent..... eyyyy 2035 4life :P... what do you have to say about the bashing of the 2 life savers?
Posted by Beach Bum, Thursday, 8 December 2005 6:34:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How many fair goes do our lebanese community need?Raping Australian women,bashing and murdering Australian men(The murder of Two South sydney footballers outside Five dock hotel in 1998)I ask the good Doctor if he has ever come across a gang of Lebanese on a Saturday night at Darling Harbour?Ausralians have had tolerance rammed back down their throats for long enough.These racist Lebanese have attacked Ausralia and Australians for far too long,and if the good doctor would just asked the gang rape victims who are the real people who are not getting a fair go I'm positive he would change his mind,providing he can take his head out of the sand!
Posted by in the real world, Sunday, 11 December 2005 9:34:34 PM
Paul you are 100% right.

Do not heed the rubbish written above. The media have harmed race relations enough in this lifetime.
Posted by savoir68, Tuesday, 20 December 2005 8:49:36 PM
The posts entered above have clearly indicated to me the intensity of racism and ignorance of some idiotic people living in Australia. These people that have posted are just uneducated people who hear about a few incidents through the media and get sucked in by all the mumbo jumbo. Why don't you people read the facts you morons. Then you will see the comparison of so - called lebanese gang violence compared to Anglo - Austrlian violence. You talk about Lebanese men being rapists over a couple of incidents over the last few years, why dont you look at the stats and realise that it is our own Austrlian brothers who have a phenomanal number of rapes under their belts.

I suggest you people grow some brains - especially you - BRABOY you LOSER - wake up to yourself and thank the ethnic community for increasing the value of the Australian economy and stop persecuting a whole race because a few bad seeds.
Posted by CHUCK80, Monday, 26 December 2005 7:32:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy