The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel-Hamas war affirms the indispensability of a two-state solution > Comments

Israel-Hamas war affirms the indispensability of a two-state solution : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 8/12/2023

Unless Israel establishes an endgame strategy that will lead to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the war against Hamas will only be another brutal violent episode.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Special Delivery, you seem to forget who started this war.
If you are a military encased in a densely populated small geographic
area, you have to be very stupid o start a war with a more powerful
neighbour.
I suggest to you that what has happened since 7rh October is exactly
what was expected. If any blame is to be put on Israel it is to follow
along with Iran's plan for the war.
I did see one suggestion that Israel destroy one or more of Iran's
oil facilities with a message to call off Hamas or the rest will go.
Seems like an idea with promise, except Biden is too locked in to
patronising Iran.
Posted by Bezza, Tuesday, 12 December 2023 3:22:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bezza,

There are some whose position was already determined at their time of birth:

Had Israel been dropping sweets on Gaza then they would claim that Israel wants to make them diabetic.

Had Israel been dropping medicines on Gaza then they would claim that Israel is conducting medical experiments on those innocent victims.

Israel is doing its best to avoid hitting Gazan civilians and children.

Some claim that Israel's "best" is not good enough, and they could be right, so for them I repeat the words of the IDF spokesperson:

"If you can come up with any idea whatsoever on how we could do better to avoid hitting civilians while still destroying Hamas and having our hostages released, then please, please, please, tell us - we are eager to hear your advice and we will respect and thank you so much for it."
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 12 December 2023 3:49:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dead right Yuyutsu, plenty with complaints but very few with a solution.
I see that the Lebanese government has tried to warn Hezbollah off
getting involved from further bombing Israel.
If they get involved I think Israel's reaction will restart the
Lebanese civil war.
What a mess is the Midlle East
Posted by Bezza, Tuesday, 12 December 2023 9:43:12 PM
'Special Delivery, you seem to forget who started this war.'
Bezza,
You're either a myopic fool or an idiot looking for a place to practice.
When you kick a dog in a cage the dog is not going to love you for it, quite the contrary.
If one is brought to a point where they have nothing to lose, they are at their most dangerous.
The Israelis have been subjugating the Palestinians for decades.
Subjugate synonyms: keep down, quash, reduce, repress, subdue. type of: crush, oppress, suppress. come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority.
October 7 was inevitable given the prevailing circumstances.
So Bezza, Let me know when you want to present an argument justifying stupidity and irrational logic, not to mention life without humanity.
Posted by Special Delivery, Wednesday, 13 December 2023 3:01:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy