The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Celebrating’ the first birthday of the Russian invasion of Ukraine > Comments

Celebrating’ the first birthday of the Russian invasion of Ukraine : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 28/2/2023

There are only three things that can be celebrated at the conclusion of one year of a war that began when Russia invaded Ukraine.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Russia is waiting for a conservative Republican in the White House, just a wild guess, could his name be Donald by any chance? Me thinks so!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 8:14:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ronald Reagan:

"...but there's only one guaranteed way you can have peace -- and you can have it in the next second -- surrender." (from the iconic 'Time for Choosing' speech)

"I think all of us are agreed that war is probably man's greatest stupidity and I think peace is the dream that lives in the heart of everyone wherever he may be in the world, but unfortunately, unlike a family quarrel, it doesn't take two to make a war. It only takes one, unless the other one is prepared to surrender at the first hint of force."
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 9:49:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

Putin launches a war of conquest and it's Zelenski's fault? Your moral compass is way off.

Zelenski may not be as pure as the driven snow but Putin is a modern-day Hitler in pursuit of his Lebensraum with absolutely no regard for the lives of Ukrainian citizens or his own soldiers or the atrocities committed by his troops.

Paul,

As for your facile weasel words- "war bad, no one to blame" - seriously grow a spine. Interesting that you are now a Trump fanboy.

This war is Putin's misadventure and looks like it will only stop when the Russian army is smashed.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 1:04:45 PM
SM,

Seriously you are a know all, know nothing warmonger, where on this thread have I said that. You are a lying Trump supporter, you support violence as long as its American, you are nothing more than an apologist for murderers, you have previously supported all of America's bloody wars, claiming they are fought for the most noble of reasons. Don't come the crap, people like you don't give a stuff about Ukraine's or anyone else.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 3:23:44 PM
Hi Paul1405,

Trumps not all bad, he's actually been calling out those that worked so hard to create this war.

Trump accuses 'war mongers' in US State Department for 2014 Ukraine coup
http://www.firstpost.com/world/trump-accuses-war-mongers-in-us-state-department-for-2014-ukraine-coup-12190992.html

I've always openly stated I support Russia, because I oppose those neoconservative warmongers Trump speaks of that live to create these conflicts.
Those people have no reverse switch, they will just double down and keep pushing their agendas till something sticks.
- No matter how many people have to suffer, and I've shown you (all) before how it does it funding 5th columns and opposition and dissident groups through the National Endowment for Democracy.
But as each day of this conflict passes, I find myself becoming more and more anti-war.
I'd support a negotiated settlement right now if that were possible but Zelenskys masters will not allow it.
Too many people who had nothing to do with any of it end up suffering for no good reason.
Are human lives really worth dots on a map?
Neoconservatives think they are, but I do not.

The world needs to put it's foot down and stop these regime change agendas, and those who try to start them, because World War III is a really bad idea.

Hi Foxy,
"foreign agents"
Would you like to buy a 'foreign agent' T-shirt?
http://my-store-cf75bb.creator-spring.com/listing/foreign-agent?product=2
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 6:11:21 PM
Hi AC,

It is getting a bit boggy again in Ukraine, which gives more opportunity to use atgms in the coming weeks and will make the Russian meat waves/zombie apocalypse less effective. I will be interested to see whether the western armoured vehicles can be used to neutralise the Russian guns. Even with poor accuracy and a reduced supply of ammunition they have been the most devastating weapon of the Russian army.

Unfortunately the great loss of life and destruction does not seem to be affecting Putin's resolve or popularity, so I tend to agree with shadowminister that ousting the Russian army from Ukraine is the only way to end the conflict. At least the Ukrainians now have twice the strike range that they had with the HIMARS, which will further obfuscate Russian logistics. I still think that the Ukrainians will try to take Melitopol when things dry out a bit, but they are still very short on equipment and ammunition. A war of attrition certainly. Just horrible.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 1 March 2023 10:12:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All