The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Roth confounds UN, USA & Australia: Two-State solution 'is gone' > Comments

Roth confounds UN, USA & Australia: Two-State solution 'is gone' : Comments

By David Singer, published 4/11/2022

Kenneth Roth, recently retired Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, has undermined the continuation of the policy espoused by the UN, USA and Australia for the last 20 years supporting the the creation of a new Palestinian Arab State.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Who in Israel is opposing their National or rather, military Service ? My bet is on the proven soldiers of disunity, the Lefties who beat for the forces for protection !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 4 November 2022 10:18:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ex- something, has-been, Roth's verbal opinions are not worth the paper they're written on.

Singer is, I believe, like a drowning man clutching at straws in his personal effort to sabotage the two-state solution, which by the way is still on the table and the only solution with a snowflakes chance in hell of success!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 November 2022 10:29:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just as what are now Americans there are now Palestinians. Before the American Revolution there were no Americans. English colonists became Americans forging their identity in their struggle against England. Both Yuyutsu and Singer deny the Palestinian identity. To Yuyutsu they are South Syrians. To Singer they should be part of Jordan. Their identity has been forged in their opposition to Jewish Israel as the identity of Americans was forged in their opposition to England. Palestinians now exist. This is a reality that Yuyutsu and Singer deny. Acknowledge the reality and deal with it.
Posted by david f, Friday, 4 November 2022 10:31:14 AM
Dear David F.,

On the side, this "identity" thing is total rubbish.
Looking at the OED, there are two definitions:
1) the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.
2) a close similarity or affinity.

Calling oneself a new name neither change who or what you are nor makes you similar to others.

On topic: the Americans took proactive actions to be independent of England and grabbed their independence the moment they could.

The so-called "Palestinians" on the other hand, when offered independence and sovereignty over 97% of the West Bank and 100% of Gaza, including having the Jewish settlers removed, when they discovered that negotiations with Israel (with Ehud Barak as prime-minister) are going "too well", that they might actually get what they verbally asked for thus have their "Palestinian" facade torn off, they literally turned around, got into their cars and left in a convoy without giving any explanation.

The bitter and depressing result of their betrayal of the good faith of the Israeli peace camp, we just saw again this last Tuesday - the tragic election of criminal Netanyahu, the complete elimination of the Meretz peace party and decimation of Israeli Labor to just 4 MK's.

I wish we could put this to the test again and I wish I am found wrong.
I pray for Israel to leave all the territories it took in 1967 and should my prayers be answered, let's see whether the locals actually declare a "Palestinian" state. I believe they won't and I believe that they would be quite upset for having their big lie exposed. I believe that they are and always were, loyal Syrian citizens who only play the "poor Palestinians" as a smart tactic.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 4 November 2022 1:56:27 PM
Curious. The one ‘Arab’ state to proffer an admittedly complex solution(?) pathway(?) to addressing an Arab problem is totally ignored. The hubris of the US, the EU and the UN is truly breathtaking.
Posted by Pete S, Friday, 4 November 2022 3:55:27 PM
Yuyutsu

Palestinians are Iranian stooges. As you point out in your confusion, it’s all about harassing Israeli not about peace plans and solution to Arab disruptions. A policy of harassment is the end game.
The broader aim is to divide the West along the line of conservative V liberal progressives.(Rainbow flags).

Israel has a need to redesign their idea of Democracy; an impossible mix with a religious Jewish State.
And since they share the same God with Islamists and Christians, chances of a more stable ME will more likely win out.

The problem is not Jewishness but Secularism; so hopefully Ben Gvir’s radicle Zionism will push Israel in that direction.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 4 November 2022 8:26:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy