The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Biden should push for Jordan & Israel to divide Judea & Samaria > Comments

Biden should push for Jordan & Israel to divide Judea & Samaria : Comments

By David Singer, published 23/6/2022

The Palestinian people were only identified for the first time in the 1964 PLO Charter - but the PLO expressly did not claim to exercise regional sovereignty over the West Bank.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yet another dreary iteration of Israeli denial of Palestinian identity. "There are no Palestinian people." The identity of a people is often in the reality or feeling of being oppressed. There were no American people until some of the British colonies united in revolt against their overlords. They eventually became the mightiest nation in the world. The state of Israel has played its role in creating the Palestinian people as the British Empire played its role in creating the American people. If the state of Israel had separation of religion and state, an integrated school system and civil marriage there would be no Palestinian people as the inhabitants of that territory would have formed one people. The Palestinian people exist and owe their existence to the State of Israel.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 23 June 2022 7:48:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Maybe Biden should also support relocating Ashkenazi Jews back to Kazaria.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 23 June 2022 10:02:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Biden should join with the rest of the democratic nation and put pressure on Israel to stop annexing the territory of other sovereign nations.

And he should also put a gag on David Singer to stop him and his mantra chanting ilk, effing things up with the only game in play, i.e., a negotiated two state solution!

Put a sock in it David you're not helping just prolonging the inevitable bloodshed! Maybe your real intention?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 23 June 2022 11:16:53 AM
Although I disagree with most of what David Singer writes and he has a view that I don't agree with he is entitled to present it as long as Graham sees fit to put it in online opinion. I don't agree with a two state solution. I think there should be one state where every one has equal rights, and government gets out of the religion business. Let Arabs and Jews live together, go to school together and work together. Let them marry each other if they choose to do so. There is a great deal of hatred in the two groups for each other. Divided into two states the hatreds will continue and fester. It will set the stage for future conflict. The two state solution is just a stopgap until the next war. The Jewish Bible states "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus merely repeated what he learned as a Jew. The solution is for Israel to become, not two states, but one state for all its people.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 23 June 2022 3:51:08 PM
there are two peoples both of who can trace origins back to Abraham. One group the Palistinians, stayed and bore the brunt of Roman persecution. All while the Jews left and tried their luck elsewhere. Then returned to a land where their rights were lost due to the passage of years.

And only became a so called state by the annexation of Arab land by the British in 67! Their right to claim more and more illegally annexed occupied land doesn't exist, but is a war crime.

The only deal on the table with a snowflake's chance in hell of flying, is a two state solution. And the only sane way to end the endless bloodletting!

Let everyone see that Israel is the Middle East's Russia and Palistine its Ukraine. the only difference is the speed of the illegal expansion.

The story of the exodus is fiction as is the claim that goes with it, this land is mine, God gave this land to me.

Putin could make the same claim to the Ukraine and be just as legitimite.

Might is not right even if the Nazis claimed it was as Herr Hitler claimed more and more territory.

Perhaps you could solve the Palistinian problem with a permanent solution. And look not to different to now?

Jawhol mine Herr?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 23 June 2022 4:36:43 PM
«Palestine Arabs desire unity between Transjordan and Arab Palestine and therefore make known their wish that Arab Palestine be annexed immediately to Transjordan.»

That's what they SAID, but what did they actually DO?

Is the author aware at all of BLACK SEPTEMBER (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September) or does he think that Jordanians and their good King are idiots who must have forgotten it all and will happily take in that Trojan horse again?
Jordan need not suffer any of this 5th-column in their territory, who pretend to identify as "Palestinian", but in fact only want to join with Syria and invite it to take over - NEVER AGAIN!

...Actually, Israel doesn't need them either!

---

«This scenario is far removed from the biblical and historic realities that had existed for 3000 years prior to 24 April 1950 - when Biden's destination was called "Judea and Samaria" –the ancient and biblical heartland of the Jewish people.»

Biblical reality?
That book was edited time and again to suit the rulers of the time, so its reality and the historical reality are quite different.

By historical studies, 3000 years ago there were no "Jewish people" as we know them now.
The inhabitants of Israel were still idol worshipers.
Worship of the Jewish god only prevailed around 627BC.
And the name "Samaria" (Hebrew=Shomron") was not yet invented.

The word "Jew" (Hebrew="Yehudi") came from "Yehudah", one of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Yes, 3000 years ago that tribe, besides its own territory, Judea, also controlled the region to later be called "Samaria"... but only for about 80 years!
The tyranny of that tribe then managed to arouse the hatred and rebellion of the rest of the Israelis, who later (around 880BC) built their capital called "Samaria" (Hebrew="Shomron").
Independence of Judea was lost about 220 years later.

---
About the article's title:

This Biden fellow should come to my place to do some work: there is some cleaning to do in the kitchen, laundry and garden and I also have a neighbour I hate, so he should come and harass his children so he leaves and goes away.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 24 June 2022 12:18:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy