The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump leaves stage but tune still reverberates > Comments

Trump leaves stage but tune still reverberates : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 15/2/2021

President Trump has gone, but the rise of China and Trump's call to put America first remains a wake up call for all liberal democracies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Trump may well end up doing a Biden. Get elected, run one term, then hand over to one of his kids !
Just you wait when Kamala Harris steps in before long.
She'll inherit a big mess & then just implode !
Posted by individual, Monday, 15 February 2021 11:46:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn,

The Senate found Trumpf guilty by 57 to 43 votes - not enough in a tilted system that required 67 votes. So only 57 % of the Senate believe the turd was guilty of incitement, leading to public damage, deaths and probably a spate of future criminal cases.

After all, if you were Mike Pence, would you be so Christian as to let the mongrel off after his calling for your lynching ? Possibly.

Perhaps the Washington DC Mayor and her police department could find herself tempted to bring serious charges against Trumpf.

Then there's the state of Georgia and Trumpf's attempts to force the governor to create 12,000-odd fraudulent votes.

Then there's Michigan, where Trumpf incited hick mobs to attack the Capitol Buildings and lynch the governor.

What a worthless waste of space.

In the process, he may have destroyed the Republican Party which can't decide whether to run with power or principle. That's usually a recipe for party oblivion.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 15 February 2021 12:07:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree with most of this Chris except the loudhailer (poke a stick into the hornet's nest) diplomacy of the former President.

I should like to visit China as a medical tourist? To avail myself ASAP of the availability of the miracle cancer cure, the alpha particle, bismuth 213.

Given China seems to be, the only place on earth with several operational MS thorium reactors? Which then produce bismuth 213 as a virtually free byproduct!

However, even if I could afford now that I have been robbed by treacherous betrayal, [evil personified,] of my (years to accrue) nest egg travel money!

Even then, should I embark on such a, for me, perilous journey? Would wonder if I'd ever get back, now after the Trump's entirely unhelpful, grandstanding megaphone diplomacy!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 15 February 2021 12:19:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I smile. Chris makes no attempt to hide his bias, fear and thin grasp of history. Through his constellation of fears, he fails to draw conclusions at all.

Historically, the West was captured in the first wave of Chinese economic expansion, by its own greed and disregard of the human rights of its own citizens; however the academic Chris would naturally omit this critical starting point.

The anti Chinese rhetoric spewing forth from our abysmal political class in Australia right now, is as credible as a bottle shop at the front door of a mosque.

The gutless response we expect from that breed of rats, still remains thinly veiled.
Any attempt to confront Chinese expansion at this late stage, is designed by them to save themselves, and move the bottle shop to a safer and more exploitive location.

We add to this division of truth and lies, the continued line taken by politicians and academics such as Chris, that the Chinese are actually divided into the good ones and the bad ones.

But as we know, the we that cling permanently to the bottom rungs of the ladder, Chinese are Chinese, there are no good ones!

And just as the Chinese perfected the economics principle of the Heckscher-Ohlin Model, by the exploitation of its substantial peasant class as cheap labour in exchange for precious foreign investment, so too did the West advantage itself from the double-dip of the same exploitative system, only to be caught in the web of its own greed.

It’s galling to witness the results of dispossession of an ever growing class at home, dispossessed by the exact same method of economics the Chinese exploited, maintaining their grip on power with authoritarian Communist rulers.

Greed of the West, created the precedent where trade was opened up to Communists, against whom they waged an undeclared war over fifty years.

It’s the exploiters of this unprecedented event who should pay the price, but as with the Communists, so with the West, they accuse themselves by increasingly turning their opposition into official terrorists, for their own safety and convenience.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 15 February 2021 12:28:20 PM
ttbn. For mine a 57 for to 43 against is a guilty vote! As is the irrefutable body of evidence. Methinks a secret ballot would have resulted in a conviction. Albeit, with a lot of (you turncoats) pointing fingers?

A few holdouts in the, neo-Nazi, opps, republican party used their minority numbers to acquit Mr Trump! Acquittal by minority, conflicted, frightened cronies, is not a proven, not guilty verdict, as you and a few others claim!

The primaries these spineless, integrity free Senators are afraid of, won the day?

Remember their names and how they voted as a minority cabal! Make sure they are not returned in the secondaries!

The Dems have got around two years to plan and strategize for an even bigger voter turn out, to remove these ideology-free, integrity-free, halfwit holdouts
Alan B.!
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 15 February 2021 12:56:36 PM
Chris Lewis: Banjo, I am certainly not writing Biden off. I expect he will do better than Trump.

Just imagine Biden negotiating in person with Xi Jinping or Putin. Poor old Joe is lost without the assistance of a teleprompter. Sadly, he gets confused even when he follows one.
Posted by Raycom, Monday, 15 February 2021 1:08:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy