The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > This is the politics the left made based on threats of power, not peaceful persuasion > Comments

This is the politics the left made based on threats of power, not peaceful persuasion : Comments

By Graham Young, published 14/1/2021

I guess like me you've been more than a little shocked at the Republican 'insurrection' in the United States. But for me it has been a double shock. Not only am I shocked, but I'm shocked that I'm shocked.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

(Continued …)

2. « ... even banning Trump from Twitter »

Twitter Inc. declared :

« In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.

We [subsequently] assessed [two Trump tweets] and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 » :

http://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

3. « … and Facebook »

Facebook declared :

« We believe the risks of allowing President Trump to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great, so we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks » :

http://about.fb.com/news/2021/01/responding-to-the-violence-in-washington-dc/

« President Donald Trump and others filed and lost over 60 lawsuits contesting election processes, vote counting, and the vote certification process in multiple states, including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Nearly all the suits were dismissed or dropped due to lack of evidence. Judges, lawyers, and other observers described the suits as "frivolous" and "without merit".

Trump, his attorneys, and his supporters falsely asserted widespread election fraud in public statements, though few such assertions were made in court. » :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-election_lawsuits_related_to_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

All that said, Graham, allow me to add that deciphering the enigma encrypted language of Donald Trump is no easy task. I should not be surprised if he sometimes can’t even find the key himself – so often he contradicts himself !

Truth, facts and belief are all interchangeable. They are all the same thing so far as Trump is concerned. But they vary according to the circumstances, the person whom he is addressing, and whatever his objective happens to be at that particular moment.

The unique key to understanding Donald Trump is that he is a pathological liar. That is the only thing that is certain. It is all you can count on.

Lest we forget !

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 15 January 2021 6:50:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PeterC Hi and dream on SteeleRedux. Here is a web site - https://richardsonpost.com/ - containing a wealth of information on the massive, massive massive election fraud and also on the activities of Hunter Biden who is Joe Biden’s son etc.

All of this very important information has been hidden by the mainstream media which I have no doubt have and will lose thousands/millions of subscribers because they buried this very important information which all Americans and others need to know.
Posted by PeterC, Friday, 15 January 2021 9:15:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear PeterC,

Take a deep breath mate. All of this has been shoved in front of the courts in the 60 odd cases by the cry baby Trump team. Many of these were presided over by Trump appointed judges and they have virtually all been tossed because there was absolutely no basis for them.

So you expect me to take the musings of some blogger and give them more credence than those decisions?

Only the most cultish follower of Trump could do that.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 15 January 2021 9:45:24 AM

Dear Graham,

Everything Donald Trump says, or writes is questionable. Much is false.

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing how many of the 74,222,958 people who voted for him at the 2020 presidential election were aware of this.

According to YouGov, an international research group based in London, a poll conducted shortly after the election indicated that only 15% of Trump voters viewed Biden as being legitimately elected – even though he won the popular vote by 7 060 140 votes The rest, 85%, claimed he did not legitimately win.

Why ? Ignorance is the logical explanation that comes to mind.

Voters make their decisions in a variety of ways. Some choose to focus on only a couple of issues that reflect their own self-interests, some simply side with a particular party that they feel represents their values, and some choose not to vote. While most are uninformed, many are misinformed because they simply let others inform them without studying matters in detail themselves. Many choose to ignore new information that contrasts with their current views because they reject fundamental change.

With Donald Trump, many probably simply allowed themselves to be manipulated by the master manipulator that he is, and all the antics that his armada of lawyers got up to in and out of the courts with the full backing of the Republican Party and the Republican members of the US Congress.

At least, Donald Trump has had the merit of holding up a mirror to us all – and what we see is very unpleasant.

As the Pew Research Centre’s 2018 Liberal Democracy’s Crisis Report pointed out :

« People generally like representative democracy in theory, but many are frustrated with it in practise. They say that their vote does not give them an adequate voice in national politics, that elected officials do not care what people like them think and that average citizens could do a better job dealing with their country’s problems »

Many working-class people embraced Trump for president because he seemed to understand their sense of being left behind.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 15 January 2021 9:45:33 AM
Pathetic.
Oh oh look what they made us do.
You rwnj make me sick.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 15 January 2021 12:08:02 PM
Graham Y,

I'm not shocked that not only are you shocked, but that you are shocked that you are shocked.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 15 January 2021 12:27:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy