The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > This is the politics the left made based on threats of power, not peaceful persuasion > Comments

This is the politics the left made based on threats of power, not peaceful persuasion : Comments

By Graham Young, published 14/1/2021

I guess like me you've been more than a little shocked at the Republican 'insurrection' in the United States. But for me it has been a double shock. Not only am I shocked, but I'm shocked that I'm shocked.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Reading what this move against Trump is about it is called insurrection
and called for by the use of the words "Fight for your country etc"
Seems a bit of exaggeration to me and would not stand up in any
normal court, but then the US Congress is not a court, hmmm ?

The penalty could be death for insurrection when imposed by a court.
What a mess !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 14 January 2021 1:35:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

A better and preferred term is political legitimation.

And in the case of Trump's Insurrection of January 6 it might be seen as a contested narrative between the winners and losers in the US election.

Ask Foul-Mouth although be prepared to get the old Marxist version from him because he has to give you the version Beijing wants you to have.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 14 January 2021 1:42:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hate speech is something like reviling Jews for being born Jewish Or homosexuals for being born different!

Or claiming something was stolen when it wasn't, then extorting blind followers to go somewhere to main and kill to get that which you didn't win, back!

Or aiming racial abuse at a sporting champion! Just to get your twisted, alcohol-soaked rocks off!

Hate speech is that which whips up a mindless mob then sends them like an aimed and loaded weapon to go lynch someone, smashing, looting and breaking property as they go. And reminiscent of, the night of broken glass!

I'll never be able to forget the face of that tortured cop as he was wedged in that doorway and his anguished cries for help, as his ribs were slowly crushed into his lungs? And still, the mindless mob pushed relentlessly from about 2 pm, for hours! Chanting as they pushed, hang Mike Pence! That and the above, is how I define hate speech Mr O. Ok?

Have to be suffering a very severe case of, Sargent Shulz Syndrome, not to see, hear and recognise it! When even blind Freddy can see it!

It's vocalised/expressed mindless hate aimed at difference, without just cause! Or even a scent or whiff of credible proof!

And to be clear! I see nothing in the CCP to commend or even slightly like it!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 14 January 2021 2:07:56 PM
nice post Alan.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 14 January 2021 2:54:13 PM
Dear Bazz,

"You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough and we will not take it any more,” he declared. “And we fight. We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.” Trump.

This is how he excused their actions:

“These are the things that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long.”

“Remember this day forever!”

Insurrection as defined by the Constitution is "rebellion against the authority of the government of the United States,"

A lot of people would probably think this was enough to have the incitement of insurrection change to be at least tested by a full investigation. If Trump is deemed not guilty of it then fine, but the process should be allowed to run its course.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 14 January 2021 3:10:24 PM
Well said Alan B.

http://youtu.be/QVZvp-Dv0gg?t=1m13s
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 14 January 2021 3:43:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy