The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abortion is morally justifiable > Comments

Abortion is morally justifiable : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 5/1/2021

There is no explicit statement about abortion in the Old Testament or the New Testament versions of the Bible .Then why do Catholics, and many Christian fundamentalists, oppose abortion?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Abortion can never be morally acceptable. There are occasions when abortion could be justified, but it has nothing to do with morals. And, why an elderly male such as Peter Bowden thinks he should be involving himself in the subject of abortion is a mystery. Leave such stuff to individuals and the law.

Why bring the Bible into it. Most people, abortionists or anti-abortionists or the totally disinterested don't care about the Bible these days. All most people have is a conscience and a sense of what's convenient and what isn't. You can now marry someone of the same sex so, jeez Louise, leave the Bible out of it. People have rejected Christianity. Do what you like and take the consequences. Stop yapping about it.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 8:54:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes! and has been with us in every culture since the dawn of time! And achieved by a medley of herbal remedies, sub-lethal doses of this or that poison, or backyard butchery with a high death toll rate.

In truth, it boils down to all the above and unenforceable laws, or legitimate medical intervention in a clinically safe environment for the females of the species!

That some religions believe it is immoral!? Although not supported in any scripture? Is down to their brainwashed from birth belief systems. Which are more about thought and financial control than alleged morality? Go figure!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 5 January 2021 10:59:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When medicine advances to the point where elderly males can get pregnant, I will leave any decisions about terminating pregnancies to women, on the grounds that it is not within my moral (or legal) rights to dictate to women what they can and can't do with their bodies.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 11:12:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are occasions when abortion could be justified, but it has nothing to do with morals.
ttbn,
Well said ! What is not morally acceptable is when those privileged life-long on the Govt teats dependent mouth off about situations that could never even enter their dreams !
Ignorant through undeserved privilege policy makers have caused more suffering than any other members in our society !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 11:27:32 AM
ttbn. It's called free will old-timer. Those that have chosen gender reassignment have used their God-given free will to achieve that outcome and personal happiness?

I believe, and it is medically possible to alter the sexual bias to reflect the sex they were born with. And with a lot less invasive surgery than that currently available along with the mental and physical risks that are inducibly involved!

Albeit, with my preferred method, the transition to normal sexual bias for your body type may need around twelve months of considerable confusion for a complete mental and physical adjustment And would need to be complemented with some in-depth counselling sessions with qualified professionals!

So instead of turning a boy into a girl and visa versa with massive intervention and hormone treatment that's life-long! I'd alter the sexual bias to represent the physical reality!

Completely medically doable with a very simple, eminently safe, one time only, day clinic procedure! Just not on the table in this, medically backward backwater society?

I mean, some will even claim and seriously believe that treatment for death sentence cancer with bismuth 213 is complementary or alternative medicine! And as treatable cancer is sent home to die in numbers greater than the annual road toll!

Big pharma and its medical devotees have a lot to answer for or even with blood on their hands?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 5 January 2021 11:31:10 AM
Joe. we can make you pregnant old fella. And ask you to go full term. Albeit the birth would only ever able to be caesarian. No, I don't want or require you to bend over just yet.

Donated eggs could be fertilized by you if your sperm is still viable, then the embryo implanted into a stomach cavity and attached to a viable blood supply. And all medically doable today! Sperm is removed with a hypodermic needle assisted with a local.

All completely fun free I assure you!

Just let us know when and where and I'll see who's available for the medical procedures.

Breastfeeding would require a surrogate or quite massive hormone treatment? That'd send your love life out the window! Leave the latter to you to arrange! After the caesarian, we could inset bowling up your annus sphincter. And you will have to bend over!

Then ask you to pass it without any pain relief, but maybe a little lube, so you could replicate as much as possible the joy and birthing experience of many mothers? You want?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 5 January 2021 11:59:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy