The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abortion is morally justifiable > Comments

Abortion is morally justifiable : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 5/1/2021

There is no explicit statement about abortion in the Old Testament or the New Testament versions of the Bible .Then why do Catholics, and many Christian fundamentalists, oppose abortion?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hi Alan,

And presumably voluntary ? So, reasonably well-planned ? The issue of choice would have already been decided ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 12:10:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe. Yes mate, nobody is forced to decide against their own free will here, except those absolutely controlled by fundamental fanatics. And sadly some of that is still in play here!

Incidentally, for the proposed ten pin bowling ball insertion. You would be placed in a ruby scrum machine, then a scrum of ruby playing doctors will form up behind and shove. It's called when the push comes to shove procedure? Enjoy.

I've heard the Russians can remove the tonsils of catatonic patients via that aperture, Using a very long colonoscopy tube about a mile long, equipped with scissors and tweezers. Invented they say by a Chinese physician called Long Tong. A garden hose is first inserted to flush the system? Ve hope du are tirsty? Da?

They call it the wang tang procedure, a name invented by Long Tong, after witnessing a donkey (wang tang) urinating? Apparently can also be used to clear clogged blocked sewers, clogged with tree roots and sanitary products? Multiple-use? How clever is that?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 5 January 2021 12:46:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The above two assertions - that it is the mother's choice, for she is the person most affected, and that the foetus has no expectations of life, not even a fully formed brain, are the major reasons why an abortion is morally justified, But there are other supporting arguments.
No the mother is not the most affected the most affected person is the victim the child sheltering in the mother's womb. Secondly this assertion totally ignores and fails to acknowledge the role and rights of the father No child exists in the womb without the contribution of male sperm The child is not the sole creation and possession of one gender. The foetus has no expectations of life and not a fully formed brain. People outside the womb can have no expectations of life and have damaged brains do we kill them? Why not? If you follow the flawed logic of this paper we should be killing people with no expectations and a damaged brain
Posted by Truth Seeker, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 2:37:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Human life begins at conception. Abortion is premeditated killing of human life.
Posted by Raycom, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 7:31:38 PM
Let’s hear what some abortionists have to say about it.

Judith Arcana, British abortionist: “It is morally and ethically wrong to do abortions without acknowledging what it means to do them.. I performed abortions. I have had an abortion and I am in favour of women having abortions when we choose to do so.

But we should never disregard the fact that being pregnant means that there is a baby growing inside of a woman, a baby whose life is ended. We ought not to pretend this is not happening.”

Dr Bertram Wainer (late Victorian abortionist) “My whole professional training was to prolong life, to nurture and protect it. Abortion is clearly at odds with that ethos.”

William Harrison, abortionist: “No one, neither the patient receiving an abortion, nor the person doing the abortion, is ever, at any time, unaware that they are ending a life.”

Dr Curtis Boyd, abortionist: “Am I killing? Yes I am. I know that.”

Dr Robert Jones, abortionist, “One has to start with the attitude that you accept the criticism that abortion is murder . . . You’re extinguishing life and if you don’t face up to that you are not being honest with yourself.”

Dr Beverley McMillan, former abortionist: I wanted to be the world’s best abortionist, for the good of my patients. . .
Finally I realised that abortion is not good for women. The truth is that abortion stops the beating heart of a live, growing human being. . .
Nothing good can come from it. Only heartache and regret."
Posted by JP, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 8:46:36 PM
JP,
All the references you brought forward are from privileged social & financial situations.
Would they have any idea what makes many women choose an abortion ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 9:30:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy