The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Radical reforms: disbanding police forces in the US > Comments

Radical reforms: disbanding police forces in the US : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 10/6/2020

If you can envisage the commencement of a police force as a band of auxiliaries to keep slaves in check, capture escapees and sow much terror, it becomes that much clearer.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes, another clever news story with hardly any opinion in it.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 8:22:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Defunding police. Abandoning police. The silliest comments ever heard. Perhaps and hopefully, it's just the illiteracy of the speakers knee jerking and emoting after Antifa and other criminal disruptives have been spewing nonsense. These people need to shut their guts until they work out a way to express themselves properly. The world is dangerous enough with police forces, which in general do a bloody good job of protecting us, despite the stupid 'suits' pandering to minority riff raff and thugs.

It's the politicians and people selecting suitable people to be police officers we need to rid ourselves of; and scribblers beating up silly talk.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 9:27:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The author of this drivel should get some real life experience, as opposed to elitist sheltered safe space world he lives in. Go spend sometime (until you are killed) in one of the 100's of lawless hots posts around the world...

It will kill you, but at least you will die finally knowing how naïve and dangerous your thoughts and your appreciation of those who promote a "no-police/law" world.
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 9:55:10 AM
I remember, at VCE at the Council of Adult Education in the early 1990s, arguing with a fellow student (girl) for four hours about the need for a police force.

She was adamant we did not, I was adamant we did need one. I always had respect for the police, even though I did have some clashes when young (minor).

Could not convince her, but it was an amusing experience.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 10:05:10 AM
Binoy,

"If you can envisage the commencement of a police force as a band of auxiliaries to keep slaves in check, capture escapees and sow much terror, it becomes that much clearer."

Perhaps not in Minnesota :)
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 10:38:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Binoy.

I am glad those left wing loonies are on your side and not mine.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 10 June 2020 10:59:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy