The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting > Comments

I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting : Comments

By Samantha Cooper, published 4/6/2020

Reconciliation Week is exhausting at the best of times. Now more than ever, we are bombarded with tidal waves of racism and ignorance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. 42
  9. Page 43
  10. 44
  11. 45
  12. 46
  13. 47
  14. 48
  15. All
Got it in one Joe, extended family, (whanau) gathering, where emphases is on the children (tamariki), some instruction such as language, or story telling, drawing designs etc, teach some custom like poi making for the girls (bet you didn't know they were made out of plastic shopping bags did you), haka for the boys. Certain protocols have to be followed.

Grandmoko had her first, a girl 28th June, nephew and wife yesterday, also a girl, a favourite niece due September 23rd, wife hoping for Sep 21st on her birthday, and another name sake, be about her 9th or 10th with her name (a trip for us to Sydney, if all is well). Daughter-in-law due Xmas day. And who said the indigenous were dying out, and they are just the close ones, there are many more. I would say we have a death and a birth about every fortnight in the family. Generally hear about all of them, no matter how distant they are. Even announced on the radio, 6am Sydney time every second Saturday 'Radio Skid Row'.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 3 July 2020 9:12:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth 2

Yes I've seen these stats.

I've also seen stats whereby students going to University have to attend extra classes in "English Language"..... in order to catch up.

So my question being - why isn't/hasn't "English" as a "universal language" being taught to indigenous children from year 1?

Yes, all indigenous children can maintain their heritage and cultural language, (we as children who have long-lasting friendships with immigrants of children from Greek and Italian and Asian backgrounds - albeit we were born as Aussies) however, as in all immigrants to Australia in the past the "universal language of Australia - is English".

Teachers in some indigenous schools who try to impart knowledge of the benefits of welfare and hygiene for their students - these teachers wash their students uniforms who haven't been washed as an example, have been derided as "platonic" by activists.

Seriously one needs to look at these activists' agenda.

The Banking Royal Commission - viewed live by any/all Australians interested in the issue viewed compelling evidence, by several persons as to the "lack of banking knowledge" within the Aboriginal Community.

One such statement that stood out to me being that 45% interest on a car loan - was a "good deal" - really?

It all comes down to Education for all Indigenous Australians - our children.

Those activists who wish to continue to state that Australia hasn't done enough for Indigenous Australians - I say to them all, over the last 50 years - what have YOU done to progress our indigenous children's education.

The Banking Royal Commission exposed just how much Indigenous Australians have been taken for "a ride" by entities with their own agendas.

Enough is enough of this BS.
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 8 July 2020 6:40:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul 1405 - you wrote "Somewhat amused when it was announced that parity of incarceration rates for Indigenous and Non-Indigenous was hoped to be achieved by 2093. I thought wow is that a typo, why so quickly only 73 years away. It was soon taken down".

So I ask a simple question - why would one be incarcerated - obviously one committed a crime.

So was this person Indigenous or Non-Indigenous - a crime was "allegedly" committed - what ethnicity person was, it not an issue.

If a person commits a crime - said person should pay the price.

What is the relevance whether said person be Indigenous or not?

Oh - that's right we have Activists .... clicking the numbers.

Current Government MUST stand up to Activists, as we've all had enough of speeches and over $130 billion spent on "activists" causes over the last 10 years.

In today's Australian July 8 2020 - Reporter Mark Koolmatrie - Page 10 - Too many are feeding off our native title bounty

So I ask - why wasn't his report printed on PAGE 1 of the Australian.

Please read.

Jacinta Price (and many others have reported on same for many years). The response to her concerns by activists being - Oh she's an Aboriginal and has been called a "coconut" by media and Activists, as in their opinion she is selling out her culture?

Seriously, it's now time for Australia to "grow a spine" and stand up - including the Australian Government.

The BS stops, aboriginal people are now speaking up - each time they do activists want to shut them down.

Australia - stand up for our Australian children.

Australians can smell a fake, so to the "All Black lives matter in Australia movement".

Go to their website - which evokes Markism.

Seriously?
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 8 July 2020 7:57:11 PM
The author states -

"This week I am tired. Not because of little ones, or because I work three jobs, or because I am studying and volunteering. Not because the weather is getting cold, the world is slowly crawling out of slumber after a global pandemic or because as women, we seem to do one thousand things at once.

Because I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting."

Your comment - I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting"

So I ask - an aboriginal woman was hit over the head with a shovel by her husband whilst breast feeding her child - you are hurting - Australia is horrified. Is this o.k.?

A child dies whilst chained by relatives and starved to death - is this o.k.?

A child under 2 is raped - is this o.k.

I sincerely ask the author - seek information/investigation which is freely available to all online regarding Senate Estimates Committee hearings in the past.

Your first sentence stated - I am tired.

As an Australian - we are all "incensed" over the continual abuse by those to our "children" within the Indigenous Society.

Of course, we aren't able to comment on this -as we are called "racist".

So I say to all Activists - We (the silent majority of Australians) are over your "ploys" in continuing to "destroy" our Australian children.

We want our Indigenous Children to learn, prosper, and achieve their dreams.

So - what is wrong with the majority of Australian's aspirations - oh, of course we are dealing with the "activists and Government Activists.

Come on Australia - contact your relevant members in Government, we can all change this.
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 8 July 2020 8:36:10 PM
Saints,

Quite a spew. A few non sequiturs: for example, what do Indigenous graduates have to do with women being smashed with shovels ? I would have thought that such women would be unfortunately associated, if anything, with Indigenous men who are not graduates and who have access to shovels.

And/or bricks. And/or tree branches and/or fence palings and/or star pickets: you don't know the half of it.

I don't know of any English-language programs for Indigenous university students. I haven't know of any such programs in forty years.

So you don't want - or believe it's at all possible - that Indigenous people can complete university degrees ? Or that they shouldn't be allowed to go to uni, because they're not fighting against women being hit with shovels ?

Get used to it. Around fifty thousand now, one hundred thousand by 2030. Mostly urban, mostly women. And, lo and behold, David, some of them may be interested - as much as anybody else ought to be - in domestic violence.

It's surprising how many racist turds there are around.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 8 July 2020 9:00:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth

Please do not "roll" into my last three postings - please re-read.

I agreed with your posting

I also responded to Paul.

I also asked the Author - seeking her response as to what we "as Australians" are not getting as per her view.
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 8 July 2020 9:30:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. 42
  9. Page 43
  10. 44
  11. 45
  12. 46