The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting > Comments

I am an Aboriginal woman, and my people are hurting : Comments

By Samantha Cooper, published 4/6/2020

Reconciliation Week is exhausting at the best of times. Now more than ever, we are bombarded with tidal waves of racism and ignorance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. Page 46
  10. 47
  11. 48
  12. All
Jayb -

Or sometimes - life stories by Big Nanna, Jacinta Price (including her mother) and so many others are extremely difficult to relate (over many generations of abuse within Aboriginal Culture) in an open forum for fear of retribution of others who don't wish to engage - due to Activists.

The "silent majority" of Australians - want their stories to be told of abuses to "our innocent children" exposed, whereby Activists wish to hide.

The above stated people (and so many others) being the "leaders" to reform in addressing abuse to women and children within the families.

In the past many of these people have been called "traitors" to their culture by their Indigenous people.

Recently while a "Black Lives Matter" march was in progress in Sydney - and during Covid-19 restrictions, which didn't matter to them.

and while Australia's economy is being brought into melt down - didn't matter to these protesters.

Jacinta Price was comforting a family member who was beaten into a coma by her partner.

Australians can't comment on Indigenous domestic violence as we are continually "shut down" - by activists.

Seriously, Australia - it's time to wake up and stand up for all children in indigenous communities.

No child asked to be born, all children, deserve the right to be brought up in a "safe environment" in order to achieve their dreams.
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 28 July 2020 7:57:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual and Paul 1405

I don't believe either of you are racists.

Maybe you speak from a different perspectives - which is your right as a free-thinking Aussie.

Do believe both your "hearts" are in the objectivity of "moving forward" in a positive direction.

And yes, we can all "clash" in views at times over all forums.
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 28 July 2020 8:08:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Two weeks ago our Prime Minister and a person named Pat (of this indigenous committee representation) - stood in front of reporters to advise new a strategy for "closing the gap".

A reporter (who was she, and what a great question) asked as to why non-inclusion of "domestic violence within Aboriginal Communities" not included in the new "Closing the Gap Statement".

Response from Pat being - in essence - that domestic violence numbers will be addressed later.

My response to Pat (as representative of such committee being ) -

You have not included jail times within Indigenous Communities for criminal actions such as rape and domestic violence, whether it be on children and women.

Aussies "demand" any "Closing of the Gap Statement" address the culture of abuse and rape of our "precious" Aussie kids.
Posted by SAINTS, Monday, 10 August 2020 7:50:46 PM
Oh yes, These Statements are supposed to look good for Public Comsumption as long as they don't really do anything. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 10 August 2020 8:09:43 PM
SAINTS,

Around fifty thousand Indigenous people have graduated from universities around the country. Since 1990, according to Ed. Dept data, around 140,000 Indigenous people have been to university at sometime (and I mean diploma, degree and post-graduate awards, not just pissy certificates) and around 25,000 are currently enrolled (most of whom will graduate).

So that's at one end of the aspirational spectrum: the domestic violence, brutal beatings, suicides and murders are at the other end, which is where the current moronic targets are focussed. I suspect that, if higher education stats could be buried twenty feet deep, the hot-shots who put forward these sorts of 'targets' would be a lot happier. They LOVE the helpless Blackfellas, but not the capable Blackfellas so much.

I look forward to the day when Indigenous Mafia organisations, those dependent for their careers on helpless welfare-oriented-for-life Blackfellas, are disbanded, and Indigenous people can get on with actual, real life.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 10 August 2020 8:59:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jabyb you state - These Statements are supposed to look good for Public Consumption as long as they don't really do anything. Ay.

My response - The growth of Aussie swell are "over" the platitudes and activisms and are now taking into our own hands ways and means to address the Activism of those who wish to ignore domestic abuse of our Aussie kids and their futures, dreams and aspirations.
Posted by SAINTS, Monday, 10 August 2020 9:33:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. Page 46
  10. 47
  11. 48
  12. All