The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Disinviting Jordan Peterson: the Faculty of Divinity, Cambridge and approved ideas > Comments

Disinviting Jordan Peterson: the Faculty of Divinity, Cambridge and approved ideas : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 25/3/2019

It should be very clear that meaningless terms such as diversity and inclusiveness do very little to the content of actual intellectual conversation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
SM,

I am entitled to my opinion.

As are you to yours.

However in discussions the one who has to stoop to
personal insults actually loses the argument and
their credibility. You really need to lift your game
and your outmoded tactics.

They impress no one.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 March 2019 2:38:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

So much for his views being supported:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hot-thought/201802/jordan-peterson-s-flimsy-philosophy-life
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 March 2019 2:49:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister- Mate- I liked your argument. I also get offended when someone labels me outmoded. ;)
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 28 March 2019 8:09:03 PM
Good job Binoy Kampmark on the article.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 28 March 2019 8:38:09 PM
Jordon Peterson's book was banned because of the NZ shooter.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/whitcoulls-pulls-jordan-petersons-12-rules-for-life-following-christchurch-attacks/news-story/44479280c616409d61042ccb148e4574
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2019 11:04:05 PM
Canem Malum,

I also get offended when someone uses labels
like "Left Whinger," and makes accusations
like - "misquoting, out of context,
haven't listened to him, hyperbole..."
all the usual "öutmoded" tactics.

You're right labels belong on jars not people.
And if being called outmoded offends you -
then change your tactics.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 29 March 2019 9:15:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy