The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I have a dream... > Comments

I have a dream... : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 13/7/2018

UCLA's brother/sister campus, the University of California, Berkley, already not only has segregated housing for black students but for other racial minorities such as Asians and Hispanics.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
If people 'of colour' and other minorities want self-imposed apartheid, leave them to it. Just make sure that they will be self-funded.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 July 2018 10:27:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is why multiculturalism fails. We have always been a society of tribes, since the beginning of time. Even the most enlightened groups , those with mixed race heritage and progressive views, still have an “ us and them” bias, as much as they try to suppress it.
It’s a cultural remnant from times when identifying with a tribe was essential to survival and for some reason that has never been erased.
Posted by Big Nana, Friday, 13 July 2018 11:41:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In many ways Trump and Martin Luther jnr have/has common spirit. They both love and put America first. I would imagine Luther jnr would of detested the identity politics of the marxists.
Posted by runner, Friday, 13 July 2018 3:00:07 PM
Dr Martin Luther King was one of the finest and Inspirational Leaders to ever pound a lectern.

As was Nelson Mandella. Also after 20 some years of virtual solitary confinement, which would have made a lesser man bitter and vengeful.

That their words and sacrifice could be rejected by the very folk these saints dedicated and gave their lives for, completely unthinkable. Moreover, the term man must be read as generic and applies to all mankind.

That said I too have a dream, that one day no child of any race or colour will be born into poverty, unmet need or want. That someday before it's too late, another inspirational leader will lead the world to a far better place, where greed and avarice, is punished rather than rewarded!

Where extreme exploitive capitalism is replaced by inherently fair and decent, (free market, private enterprise) cooperative capitalism and allowing those who create all our wealth to keep an honestly earned fair share of it.

And doable, but only with (different) leaders, who do a little more than provide mere lip service to the notion of egalitarianism and fairminded fair play. And that their role is to serve not rule.

Also guided by the extremely fairminded interpretation of the Christian Bible as espoused by Dr Martin Luther King Jr. and lived as a shining example by a true and generous statesman Nelson Mandella.
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 13 July 2018 3:16:01 PM
Runner,

I would have taken it for granted that Martin Luther King Jr would have put people first, regardless.

And fifty years after the Free Speech movement at Berkeley, and its push for equality of all people, including all Americans, I wonder what the leaders of that movement would have thought of segregated accommodation. How the wheel turns. Despicable.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 13 July 2018 4:07:51 PM
I have a dream also, I dream of Australians waking up to what they have to lose if they refuse to wake up.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 14 July 2018 8:08:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy