The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The dying in Syria rest on the conscience of the West > Comments

The dying in Syria rest on the conscience of the West : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 1/5/2018

eclaring mission accomplished in the context of the continuing unfolding tragedy being inflicted on the Syrian people is cynical and disheartening at best.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Lots of must do's here Alon. And all good if Donald actually gives aa rats for Syria? Let the man, the most powerful Commander in Chief in the world be judged by history by his actions, not his rhetoric. The Americans are war-weary and have sacrificed enough young lives fighting other folk's wars. If they intervene now it has to be with a tactical nuclear weapon and delivered by a cruise missile through Assad's bedroom window and while he' at home and his brother visiting. Then let the Russians, the Turks and the Iranians scream and shout, threaten all manner of terrible repercussions to which they should receive a similar dose of similarly aimed and targeted medicine. And with that let Armageddon begin! Because this is what you are asking for and will come one day soon. Preferably when we are properly prepared, forewarned and forearmed! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 1 May 2018 1:07:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So the left whingers pillory Bush for invading Iraq, but now want the US to invade Syria and potentially start a conflict with Russia and Iran?

There is stupid and then.....
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 1 May 2018 3:10:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Middle East plus all Islamic countries are a hopeless case.
They will never recover their sanity.
They are genetically programmed to act as they have for centuries.
All we can really do is isolate them from the rest of the world and
return all those that left, forcibly if necessarily.

They will either learn to live with each other or kill each other off.
The "West" has spent enough money and lives trying to manage their
wars, tribal and religious, that it is now time to say get stuffed,
we do not want to know, just stay there and do not come near us.

I am sure some diplomat can soften that up and get them to accept it.
After all don't give them an alternative.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 1 May 2018 5:01:11 PM
what a mess.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 1 May 2018 5:11:48 PM
We obviously need to send Alon Ben-Meir to Syria, alone to sort it out.

He obviously knows all about the middle east
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 1 May 2018 6:32:11 PM
Can anybody figure out the logic of liberals and social justice warriors?

Thank you Shadow Minister for your perspicacity. Saddam Hussein can start two very bad wars of imperial aggression in which a million people died, and he can drop poised gas on Kurdish villagers. But if the yanks invade (liberate?) his people from his murderous kleptocracy, then to the "progressives" the Americans are war mongering fascists. But when Assad drops poisoned gas on his own people, the very same liberals who denounced US intervention in Iraq, now clammor for the Americans to intervene in Syria.

I get the impression that the images of choking children got the SJW's fired up into their favourite state of outrage and self righteous apoplexy. They want to stand up on a soap box, and there, among a chorus of singing angels, virtue signal to their hearts content. Don't worry about thinking through the issues, when good and evil can be so openly displayed in living colour on your wide screen TV.

The rule of thumb used by social justice warriors when judging USA is, no matter what the USA does, it is always wrong. And they are so ferking virtuous and enlightened for pointing that out.

Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

For my part, I think that what president Trump did was absolutely correct. Poisoned gas and nerve gas is completely banned by international agreement, and it must remain that way. If any regime (they are never democracies) uses poisoned gas, especially on civilians, then I could not care less who bombs them. I just hope that somebody does. The Chinese or the Russians could bomb them. The Iranians could bomb them. Whoever they are who are bombing the baddies, I would support them as fighting for civilisation.

Civilised people only slaughter our enemies in civilised ways.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 1 May 2018 6:42:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy