The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump promotes Jordan, downgrades PLO and defunds UNRWA > Comments

Trump promotes Jordan, downgrades PLO and defunds UNRWA : Comments

By David Singer, published 28/2/2018

Tillerson stated that America’s ongoing contribution to UNRWA is dependent upon what other non-donor States who can afford to contribute to UNRWA are willing to do.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Not too smart eh?

However, if you don't like wait a couple of weeks to se how well it plays? And if unpopular enough see how adroitly this bloke an wriggle out from under his decisions/track record?

Some days I swear, Donald has no idea what half baked scheme or decision Donald is going to "fire" off next?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 28 February 2018 9:44:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All that I have seen and heard from president Trump thus far is very productive. At some time there has to be a ‘reset’ to the approach. The de funding of anti American /Isreali organisations (perticularly within the UN) are an exellent step forward. The physical movement of the US embassy to Jarusalem is merely an implementation of previous US presidential policies.
Increased and ongoing financial Support for Jordan is a most positive step, as is the actual implementation of Jordanian supervision/control (although I deem it unnecessary because Isreali control guarantees the autonomy/respect and protection of ALL ‘holy sites’ in Jarusalem). I would like to see these sites (including the west wall) guarded by armed Jordanian police, funded by the UN, diverting existing UNHCR monies to do so.
Upgraded communication/transport infrastructure between Isreal and Jordan to facilitate trade. Perhaps it has required an ‘unpredictable’, even a ‘crazy/angry’ US president to break this deadlock. The immediate overnight bombing of airports from whicuh chemical weapons were deployed in Syria is the ‘crazy/brave’ move that Trump illustrates ‘red lines’ are not to be crossed is an example of compelling Iran, Hamas, PLO and others to re-think their actions.
I enjoy and learn from your accurate and legal essays here David, but find great difficulty in reading most ‘comments’. were they to address the content of the particular essay I could perhaps stomach some of the invective that accompanies it. Continue Gunga Din.
Posted by Prompete, Thursday, 1 March 2018 8:50:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Prompete

Most of the comments to my articles as you have so succinctly noted have nothing to do with the content of my articles. They are just posted to denigrate and delegitimise the Jewish State in overt displays of Jew-hatred that are quite frankly shocking and disgusting.

They are posted by people who have been brainwashed and fed false facts which they have swallowed hook,line and sinker as I have had to repeatedly point out and correct.

Can't wait to see them rush into print parroting Abbas and Erekat in calling the Palestinian Arabs the "Canaanites" and Palestine "Canaan".

What Abbas did at the UN is deserving of a new song sung to "We are the champions"

"We are the losers, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the losers.
We are the losers.
No time for champions
'Cause we are the losers of the world."

100 years of Arab rejection of a Jewish homeland in the Jews' ancient biblical and historical lands covering an area one-third the size of Tasmania - just 0.1% of the total area of the land of the conquered Ottoman Empire - whilst the remaining 99.99% was handed over by the Principal Allied Powers to exclusive Arab control - has never been enough.

The Arabs want that tiny 0.1% as well.

Abbas and his PLO mates tripping off to the UN and the delights of New York and also gadabouting to welcoming honour guards in European capitals seems destined to see the people they represent consigned to misery for generations to come. It surely is time they were given the dignity of free elections and the opportunity to have a say in their own destiny. Don't count on the UN to even make this happen.

What a farce.
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 1 March 2018 10:12:25 PM
//"We are the losers, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the losers.
We are the losers.
No time for champions
'Cause we are the losers of the world."//

Well that's a crap song. And it's lyrics are clearly intended to fan the flames of bigotry and division. Why would anybody think that is a good idea? Do they imagine some good comes out of all the bloodshed?

Here is a better song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6qA-4PWdsg
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 2 March 2018 6:08:21 AM
It was about time that governments stopped lining Hamas's pockets.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 3 March 2018 5:38:31 PM
Dear Prompete,

«I enjoy and learn from your accurate and legal essays here David, but find great difficulty in reading most ‘comments’.»

Israel was created by the courage, ingenuity, perseverance, blood, sweat and tears of its people.

Singer denigrates Israel and its people by claiming that Israel was born as a result of legal discussions in the chambers of one of the most idiotic and harmful organisations, the United Nations (and its predecessor, the League of Nations): Israel would have been created, thrived and prospered regardless of any such talking - by the ACTIONS of its people.

Now Singer further insults Israel by claiming that it belongs to the Jewish people - rather than to the people who built it and fought for it. What does he base it on? The United Nations of course and its legalistic mechanisms.

Yes, the people of Israel happen to be Jewish, most of them, and the character of the state of Israel is Jewish to some extent, which is wonderful, but that doesn't render the land to belong to some arbitrary "Jewish people", including Australian Jews who wave their pens while seating safely on their couches in Australia - certainly not to Singer's own megalomaniac Jewish sect which seeks to ever expand "their" Israel beyond its borders, at the Israelis' expense.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 4 March 2018 9:59:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy