The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sexual consent: yes, no, maybe > Comments

Sexual consent: yes, no, maybe : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 8/9/2017

These are the cases highlighted by media promoting the feminist position that all sexual activity involving an intoxicated woman is sexual assault as she cannot give consent.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi Phanto,

That happens often, does it ? 50/50 ?

What, the man takes over the pregnancy 50 % of the time, then when 50 % of women shoot through, the remaining 50 % of men faithfully look after the children ?

Or would it be more like 100 % of pregnancies are borne by the women, and 90 % of the cases of one partner absconding involve the bloke, leaving the caring to the women ?

So what's your point ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 8 September 2017 7:44:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems that you were making it an argument in favour of marriage. I am saying that it happens to men also so 'protecting' women is a sexist attitude and in any case you do not have to be married to be protected.
Posted by phanto, Friday, 8 September 2017 8:04:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the lesson should be to not get drunk, instead of reading between the lines of concent or blame with sex or rape.

Some people go out to have a drink with the specific intention to have sex later. Applies to both men and women. To step away from that prostution by drink sitution, might require to just not drink. Or to only have a two drink maximum. If that amount is too much of a tease then the answer is simple. STAY SOBER AND DON'T DRINK.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 8 September 2017 8:06:15 AM
In my younger days I was living on my yacht at a Sydney marina, but had too much gear. I took a bedroom & the garage in a large share house. At that time there were 8 people there.

Two of the ladies regularly went to the pub on Friday or Saturday night with the expressed intention to pick up a bloke, or vice versa. If their level of drunk when they missed out & came home alone is any indication, they would have qualified as beyond the ability to make a rational decision when picked up, if they had not planned to get laid before starting.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 8 September 2017 10:17:19 AM
The answer, of course, is to not be allowed to talk to women and remain sober whilst doing so. No violence, either, btw!
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Friday, 8 September 2017 10:17:20 AM
Too many responses to address individually. However ...

jayb

'Wow Killarney you must live in a great neighbourhood, thugs everywhere.'

The thugs in question were not from the neighbourhood. In fact, they came from one of Brisbane's top private schools. One of the young men who played in my sons' band went to that school and, unfortunately and without my sons' consent, put out an open invitation.

Those thugs will no doubt go on to become high-income professionals, corporate CEOs, top public servants and probably politicians.

'Killarney: Bettina Ardnt loves men - that's always been her trademark./And you don't we know that - that's always been your trademark.'

I've followed BA's career since the days she wrote for Forum. She has a long litany of defending and promoting men's howling submission to their hormonal dictates and of counselling young women to sympathise with and accommodate men's voracious sexual appetites. As someone who believes this predatory male/submissive female trope is a load of rubbish, suffice to say that I hold BA in a notch below contempt.
Posted by Killarney, Friday, 8 September 2017 3:50:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy