The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sexual consent: yes, no, maybe > Comments

Sexual consent: yes, no, maybe : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 8/9/2017

These are the cases highlighted by media promoting the feminist position that all sexual activity involving an intoxicated woman is sexual assault as she cannot give consent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Surely a basic rule of life must be that no one has a greater interest in your welfare than you do.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:02:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BA: These are the cases highlighted by media promoting the feminist position that all sexual activity involving an intoxicated woman is sexual assault as she cannot give consent.

Similarly, if the man is drunk then he cannot be held responsible as he is guided by his basic instincts.

Then there is the case of "Dingo Ugly." That's when you would rather chew your arm off & escape rather than wake the person up. In a guy case he is grateful for getting one in, but with the woman if she has regrets & she complains.

Hard question to answer, this one.

I haven't read the whole article yet as something has just come up.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:07:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK. Let me get this straight. If women get blind drunk, they only have themselves to blame for getting raped. If men get blind drunk, and rape (oh, sorry, have consensual blind drunk sex with) a blind drunk woman, they are committing little more than a traffic violation.

Yes, this may be an issue in maybe one in a thousand cases. But, as a parent of formerly teenage boys, and a veteran of holding teenage parties, Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore.

I've spent hours in emergency wards after my sons' teenage parties, with girls and their families, where their drinks were spiked with a substance that left them paralytic.

I've written letters to neighbours offering to recompense them for damage to their property for the actions of drunken young men who attended my sons' parties (mostly uninvited).

I've given statements to police regarding the glassing of a taxi-driver by drunken young (uninvited) men on the way to my sons' party.

I'm a parent who found a young man cowering in fear in our living room, too terrified to return to the party or even to leave, because other young thugs had threatened to beat him to a pulp.

I'm a parent who wanted my sons to enjoy the same kind of innocent parties I held as a teenager. But parties have moved on. They are now dominated by entitled male thugs, who enforce their dominance by spiking women's drinks (as a prelude to rape) and picking fights in packs against 'inferior' males.

Bettina Ardnt loves men - that's always been her trademark. That's her privilege. But she is hopelessly blind to the increasingly privileged destructiveness of male dominance.
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:48:14 PM
You get drunk, tough titty.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 September 2017 12:24:09 AM
Firstly, the whole interest of this article concerns university students. To that end I have no sympathy for rape victims. Victims will be very few and far between.
I maintain truth in the old saying “ get a haircut and get a real job” fits here!
University graduates in my experience, never seem to grow up!

Killarney: the best place for a bloke to bash an idiot is at a party. Nothing has ever changed!
You are the problem not the solution. That possibility doesn't seem to be sinking-in in your life!

And finally, I note the obvious exclusion of Julian Assange, noted as victim of the current worlds best rape stitch-up by two doubtful sluts ever!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 8 September 2017 12:24:57 AM
if parents did their job in educating boys and girls a few morals then most of these 'rapes'would not occur. Of course 'safe'schools sexualising young kids and encouraging perversion will only add to the feminist narrative that all men are rapist and all women pure. Unfortunately the baby boomers who promoted 'free'sex are now witnessing the immorality on steroids. Still the feminist professors will write their garbage only contributing to the problem.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 September 2017 12:25:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy