The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The clock is ticking. Time to wear the burqa. > Comments

The clock is ticking. Time to wear the burqa. : Comments

By Najla Turk, published 24/8/2017

An open letter to Pauline Hanson on the wearing of the burka.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
People who can play a bagpipe should go a long way.
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 27 August 2017 6:29:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indeed they should.

As far away as possible!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 27 August 2017 6:44:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What I want to hear is that ALL girls can attend school on an equal basis to boys. That they are being supported in wearing the school uniform and making the most of their school years. NOT being limited in any way by claimed 'modesty', gender difference that negatively stereotypes and restricts girls, based on 'cultural' or 'religious' edict.
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 27 August 2017 7:14:15 PM
Dear Foxy,

«So why come to a country like Australia if you want to maintain customs of past centuries?»

Perhaps because the climate is better.
Perhaps because there are no wars here.
Perhaps because there are no serious earthquakes.
Perhaps because you have family and/or friends here.

I know real examples for all the above 4 reasons, but of course there could be many more.

.. Perhaps because one just loves kangaroos and koalas?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 27 August 2017 7:18:30 PM
Well. I love kangaroos, great meat almost fat-free and tasty as well.

Koala, I haven't tried but many years ago a mate, a full tribal man,
told me that it was lousy tucker but probably good for a cold.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 27 August 2017 7:48:51 PM
I see that a local poll on the subject found 56% in favour of banning the Burqa and only 12% not which is a result far stronger than for SSM.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 28 August 2017 9:12:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All