The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The clock is ticking. Time to wear the burqa. > Comments

The clock is ticking. Time to wear the burqa. : Comments

By Najla Turk, published 24/8/2017

An open letter to Pauline Hanson on the wearing of the burka.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Preachy. Special, 'Look at Moi'. Entitled. Patronising.

What I want to hear instead is that ALL girls can attend school on an equal basis as boys. That they are being supported in wearing the school uniform and making the most of their school years. NOT being limited in any way by claimed 'modesty', gender difference that negatively stereotypes and restricts girls, based on 'cultural' or 'religious' edict.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 24 August 2017 8:59:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you Najla.
Wear what you wish to.
I do.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 24 August 2017 9:33:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<i>"Australia is an immigration nation with almost half of our population born overseas." </i>

Last year's census figure was 28% born overseas. Maybe every second Australian has at least one parent born overseas - I am not sure of this.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/lookup/3412.0Media%20Release12015-16
Posted by SingletonEngineer, Thursday, 24 August 2017 10:28:50 AM
Najla, you state
"Give Australians a fair go and allow them to freely express their culture, race and faith in ways that may help strengthen Multicultural Australia".
If an Australian is a Nazi believing and following the teachings of Hitler we should give him or her a "fair go" notwithstanding that those beliefs are based on the teachings of a perverted mass murderer? ( I know one holocaust denier was denied entry to Australia- back when common sense prevailed here)

Mohammed "married" a 6 year old girl and "consummated" the marriage when she was nine. He conquered a tribe of Jews and beheaded every adult male, selling all women and children into slavery.In the Koran he specifically authorises the murder of prisoners of war who will not convert to his teachings.

Islam is based on his teaching and Nazism is based on Hitler's teaching. If Mohammed were alive today in any liberal democracy he would be gaoled for life as a paedophile and war criminal. Hitler committed suicide before he could be hung.

We are supposed to give a " fair go" to people who believe in the teaching of these men ?

I hope not.
Posted by Old Man, Thursday, 24 August 2017 10:46:55 AM
This woman doesn't cover her face, so what's her problem? She apparently doesn't have the 'guts' (her word) to cover her face. What a bloody ridiculous thing to say. 'It takes guts to be a walking tent'. It takes lunacy, that's what takes.

I refuse to regard as a fellow human being a walking tent. I don't give a damn whether these freaks are forced to cover up or not. I am not interested in their womanly rights, nor in the possibility they are treated like dirt by Muslim men. My only concern is the insult to Australia and the fact that our cowardly politicians do nothing about it, being more concerned about an alien, mediaeval religion than they are about the majority population. Pauline Hanson is the ONLY Australian politician who is not a coward, no matter what her other faults are.

This woman isn't very good with numbers, either. 28% is not half the population as she thinks it is. And 23% of immigrants are Asian (Chinese etc), NOT Muslims.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 24 August 2017 10:48:42 AM
Yeah, wear whatever you like, even a Ned Kelly steel burqa. It's no skin off my nose, just a symbol of medieval female suppression!

Popular in precincts, where women can't go out alone in public, drive a car or vote! And several respectful steps behind their lord and master, when out in public!

Personally, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, I believe women, wearing only slippers, a hat and a smile, (baby making machines) ought to be chained to the bed post with just enough slack to reach the kitchen.

Always providing, it remains a "completely" voluntary convention and supported by women, guided always by, a fanatical, brainwashed fundamentalism!

And enforced by armed men ever ready, willing and able to shoot school girls in the head for daring to question their authority!

And in northern Pakistan, far cheaper, quicker and more convenient than a contested (stone the crow) divorce!

And in one notable televised example, welcomed by the little Lady, who could bear no more and with a rebellious, get it over with sh!te head, welcomed her permanent release from sexual subversion!

Yeah let's bring on the burqa as the essential first step to imposing a completely disgraced and disreputable medieval culture on a freedom loving Australia, where, to be fair, things like burqas, were and remain completely foreign to a more enlightened culture! When in Rome!

Even so, ought to be required dress code for some folks in our nation's parliaments, along with taped mouths! And just to give their brains a chance to catch up!

And just so appropriate in Mz Hansen's case? A bag over the head would work just as well for me! But then, nudge nudge, after thirty years of celibacy, I'm not fussy!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 24 August 2017 10:54:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy