The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The distinction between true scepticism and denial > Comments

The distinction between true scepticism and denial : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 8/9/2016

And I find myself saying, yet again, this awful, poorly argued, self-seeking paper has passed peer review? What have we come to in the journal world?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
I don't presume to think I have a "solution" Leo Lane. I merely suggested a couple of ways to help you with improving the quality of discussion, possibly even arriving at a consensus as to ways in which the discussion can move ahead, rather than being constantly stuck in schoolyard-level name calling.

Did that EVER work for you?
Posted by Craig Minns, Sunday, 18 September 2016 12:22:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leo

Still haven't found any science experiments to uphold your comments?

I have challenged you Leo, which is far different to what you are accusing me of.

Please provide experiments that uphold your view.
Posted by ant, Sunday, 18 September 2016 12:27:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They are not my comments, flea.
They are comments concocted by you and falsely asserted to be mine. You are making an even bigger fool of yourself than usual.
Show us where I made these comments, and provide a copy as I always do if I refer to a comment of yours.
You are completely irrational. You cannot believe that your ridiculous lies are a clever tactic.
You have no science to support your position. There is no science to demonstrate any measurable human effect on climate. Your dishonesty is remarkable, flea.
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 18 September 2016 12:51:25 PM
Leo

When callenging you to provide an experiment upholding your view; you make statements that have no relevance.

You protest too much; regurgitating the same answer.

Can't fulfil the challenge, Leo?

I've been able to provide an experiment, plus mentioned others in passing.
Posted by ant, Sunday, 18 September 2016 1:10:48 PM
Here is the science on the effect of CO2. I do not respond to the fabricated comments which the flea falsely asserts were mine

Professor Carter gives an excellent summary of the failed hypothesis regarding the effect of CO2.
“The IPCC advances three main categories of argument for a dangerous human influence on climate. The first is that, over the 20th century, global average temperature increased by about 0.7C, which it did, if you accept that the surface thermometer record used by the IPCC is accurate. More reliably, historical records and many geological data sets show that warming has indeed occurred since the intense cold periods of the "little Ice Ages" in the 14th, 17th and 19th centuries. The part of this temperature recovery which occurred in the 20th century is the "global warming", alleged by climate alarmists to have been caused by the accumulation of human-sourced CO2 in the atmosphere
However, our most accurate depiction of atmospheric temperature over the past 25 years comes from satellite measurements (see graph below) rather than from the ground thermometer record. Once the effects of non-greenhouse warming (the El Niño phenomenon in the Pacific, for instance) and cooling (volcanic eruptions) events are discounted, these measurements indicate an absence of significant global warming since 1979 - that is, over the very period that human carbon dioxide emissions have been increasing rapidly. The satellite data signal not only the absence of substantial human-induced warming, by recording similar temperatures in 1980 and 2006, but also provide an empirical test of the greenhouse hypothesis as understood by the public - a test that the hypothesis fails.”
http://members.iinet.net.au/~glrmc/2007%2005-03%20AusIMM%20corrected.pdf

Carter’s science cuts the legs from under the flea's baseless assertion.
You have reminded us all, flea, that you are a dishonest failure, trying to be clever, without the equipment up top to achieve it. Did you really think it was clever to fabricate comments and assert that I had made them. Your lies achieved nothing, and you reminded us of your dishonesty, and that you have no knowledge of, or respect for science..
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 18 September 2016 10:48:50 PM
Leo

I asked for an experiment, not another reference to Carter. Carter had been an eminent marine geologist, not a climate scientist.

My challenge was for you to provide an EXPERIMENT to support your claims.

An experiment has a hypothesis, collects replicateable data to provide proof or otherwise for the hypothesis. Your reference is a non peer reviewed paper, it is not an experiment.

Try again to fulfil the challenge, Leo.

Computer modelling had nothing to do with the experiment provided.

Here is a reference to the Mythbusters experiment, which has been set up in quite a novel way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRd5GT0v0I
Posted by ant, Monday, 19 September 2016 6:56:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17