The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The distinction between true scepticism and denial > Comments

The distinction between true scepticism and denial : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 8/9/2016

And I find myself saying, yet again, this awful, poorly argued, self-seeking paper has passed peer review? What have we come to in the journal world?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
GAUWD !
You are STILL here arguing about something that may or may not be true
and it does not matter anyway !

Surely there is something else you could study.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 14 September 2016 10:17:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My report on bigmouth’s scurrilous lying about Professor Robert Carter seems to have met with bigmouth’s approval, and he has no comment on why he told such a stupid lie.
I suppose he was satisfied with my explanation. Since bigmouth has no science, or valid argument against Carter’s flawless science, bigmouth believes he needs to take the only course of action open to a lying climate fraud promoter, namely, to tell lies about Carter in an attempt to damage Carter’s considerable reputation in climate science.
Being of limited intellect, bigmouth was stupid enough to tell an idiotic lie, in which he was immediately found out.
He still has the gall to appear on the forum, where everyone is aware of what a fool he is.
He is such a disgrace, he is not fit to access the Forum.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 14 September 2016 11:23:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leo

Thomas has previously stated he will not respond to garbage.

He has provided any number of references to science.

AS has already been proven, you know nothing about what comprises science by asserting the reference below does not comprise science. You have previously indicated that you only have school boy qualifications in science.

http://portals.iucn.org/library/sites/library/files/documents/2016-046_0.pdf

Robert Carter has been described as having had a "... long and distinguished career as a marine geologist...." But, his speciality is not climate science.

It's like a highly respected lawyer writing a paper on end stages in alimentary canal functions.

Carter has work published through Heartlands and IPA, two ideologically politically motivated denyer groups.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/denialgate-highlighting-bob-carters-selective-science.html

An aside:

There are suggestions that the scale for measuring Typhons/Cyclones/Hurricans should include a category 6.

At one stage Meranti was the second strongest Typhon ever recorded, it's impact on a Phillipines Island is still not known:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/09/14/typhoon-meranti-blasted-taiwan-and-now-its-headed-to-china-as-a-category-4/#comments

Thirty one inches of rain is the highest amount recorded at the mountainous Taiwu Township in Taiwan.
Posted by ant, Thursday, 15 September 2016 9:31:05 AM
You had the pea brained arrogance, flea, to criticise me for dismissal of that heap of crap you called “science” about the oceans.
I only quoted one paragraph, but I have looked at some more of the paper, now.
You do not seem to realize how your ignorance and dishonesty limit your mentality.
To seriously put to me that this is “science” makes you more than just ignorant. You are feeble minded. Consider this extract:” unless we change our ways, and quickly. Ocean warming and climate change are ultimately contributing to global homogenization of biodiversity, as vulnerable species become extinct and “non-native” species from different biogeographic regions spread, overlap, and become established across the world’s ocean.”
There is no scientific basis for this nonsense. There is no science to show any measurable human effect on climate, as you well know.You have not referred us to any such science, and neither has bigmouth.
These clowns, kidding themselves they are scientists, spend taxpayers money to put out this baseless rubbish, and an ignoramus like you calls it “science”.I wonder how you manage to dress yourself in the mornings. Of course, I should not assume that you can.
Posted by Leo Lane, Thursday, 15 September 2016 11:59:17 AM
Leo

The theme running through the paper you say is not science has the impact of CO2 running through it.

On page 452, there is this comment:
"This report, as a result, contains repeated calls and warnings about the need for dramatic reductions in the amount of CO2 we are emitting."

The paper was put together by 80 researchers from 12 countries. It has been referenced by hundreds of peer reviewed papers. It has been described as a meta-analysis of what is happening in Oceans, it has been published in September 2016 .

But, you say with your schoolboy knowledge of science, that it is not science.

I notice you did not make any comment about the 2.974 watts/square metre forcing created by greenhouse gases.

Leo you suggest:

"To seriously put to me that this is “science” makes you more than just ignorant. You are feeble minded. Consider this extract:” unless we change our ways, and quickly. Ocean warming and climate change are ultimately contributing to global homogenization of biodiversity, as vulnerable species become extinct and “non-native” species from different biogeographic regions spread, overlap, and become established across the world’s ocean.”
There is no scientific basis for this nonsense."

A number of times I've written over the last few years about how marine organisms are moving North and South of they're normal habitats; tropical fish off Sydney, species establishing in Tasmanian waters normally seen much further North. Just the other day I was reading about how species of marine organisms are unexpectedly being seen in Arctic waters.
Redmap gives a run down on the movement of marine organisms in Australia.

http://www.redmap.org.au
Posted by ant, Thursday, 15 September 2016 1:22:34 PM
You first earned recognition as an ignoramus, flea, by your inability to grasp the concept of relevance: You say:” put together by 80 researchers from 12 countries. It has been referenced by hundreds of peer reviewed papers. It has been described as a meta-analysis”
This is irrelevant. There are endless instances of peer reviewed papers by fraud supporting scientists which are nonsense, like, as one instance, John Cook’s fraudulent paper about the mythical 97% of climate scientists falsely asserted to be backing the “consensus”, the “science” that Carter has shown to have failed..
What is relevant is the fact that the paper contains statements asserting human caused climate change when there is no science to justify such an assertion.
Did you not take science at school, flea? I am obviously way aahead of you, but for years I acted for a chemical storage company, so my education in science continued for long after I left school. You are struggling to grasp simple concepts, and your ignorance is obvious. You even make the ridiculous assertion that you and bigmouth have posted links to science showing human caused global climate change.
Stupid as you are you are not stupid enough to believe that, so you are deliberately lying.
If I am mistaken, just identify the link to the science showing any measurable human effect on climate.
Posted by Leo Lane, Thursday, 15 September 2016 10:14:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14