The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The distinction between true scepticism and denial > Comments

The distinction between true scepticism and denial : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 8/9/2016

And I find myself saying, yet again, this awful, poorly argued, self-seeking paper has passed peer review? What have we come to in the journal world?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
Don you're a young Earth creationist, and if you don't understand what I mean by that, well go a read some of their material.
They are unutterably convinced that they are correct and the majority of scientist are wrong.

Your position is pretty much the same, as in there is simply nothing that could now move you away from your entrenched position.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 8 September 2016 10:02:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no doubt that denier groups are funded by fossil fuel companies, there is quite a literature on it.
ExxonMobil has paid $30,925,235 to denier groups from 1998 to 2014. As there is/was a mutually exclusive strategy of making such payments and at the same time support the science created by they're scientists of the 1970s, ExxonMobil is being investigated by a number of jurisdictions for alleged criminal behaviour in financial markets.

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/index.php
Posted by ant, Thursday, 8 September 2016 12:28:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your a denier old son and as such stop BS to us all and admit it
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 8 September 2016 12:31:11 PM
Thanks Don, your essays are always a good read.
I am one of those "deniers" who believe that climate change is real and humankind must have had something to do with it, however, I will not be hoodwinked by alarmists into believing that the sky is falling and the only way to fix it is to pour billions of dollars (some of which are my dollars) into an endless gravy train full of snake oil sales persons and rent seekers.

Cheers

Ross
Posted by FireballXL5, Thursday, 8 September 2016 2:02:12 PM
Cobber and others who start with ad hominem. Did you go and read the paper I was reviewing? If you didn't, do yourself a favour and go and read it. It won't take long. Then you can enter a useful discussion (always assuming that you want to do so).
Posted by Don Aitkin, Thursday, 8 September 2016 3:11:32 PM
All well and good. And an example of pervasive obfuscation?
Given the sun has been in a waning (cooling) phase since the mid seventies. (NASA) And we've just passed through the hottest years on record, and seem well on the way to another?

It then follows that something (variables taken into plus or minus account) other than solar thermal action is warming the planet!?
Aliens with ray guns? Galactic conspiracy?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 8 September 2016 4:17:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy