The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The distinction between true scepticism and denial > Comments

The distinction between true scepticism and denial : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 8/9/2016

And I find myself saying, yet again, this awful, poorly argued, self-seeking paper has passed peer review? What have we come to in the journal world?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
Leo

No comment about Redmap which had been set up to monitor movement of marine species around Australia. The reference provided a complete contradiction of your previous statement.
Your response was to provide stupid aggressive comments; which have no bearing on the reference provided.

You insult thousands of climate scientists; as you suggest you know better than those working in various climate science disciplines.

You have not been able to say anything sensible in relation to the forcing going on in the atmosphere (2.974 watts/square metre for all greenhouse gases in 2015 and rising).

As stated earlier, Carter was a well respected marine geologist, he was not a climate scientist. He had material published by the disreputable Heartlands and IPA extreme right wing agencies.
The reference I provided about Carter had not been written by Cook; it had been written by a climate scientist.

Only a fool; without any qualifications, can suggest they know better than thousands of Professionals.
Posted by ant, Friday, 16 September 2016 7:59:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"30K climate scientists?

Well it depends how you define 'climate scientists'."... Mr O'

Well if you believe Zimmerman/Doran (the people who created the 97% meme) there are one 79 climate scientists worth listening to, and two of those were dills.

</sarc>
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 16 September 2016 4:30:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr O' showed the monthly anomalies for GISTemp for 2015/6.

By way of comparison this is UAH:

Year Month Anomaly Rank (out 243)
2015......1......0.3.... 42
2015...... 2...... 0.19...... 96
2015...... 3...... 0.17...... 110
2015...... 4...... 0.08...... 189
2015...... 5...... 0.27...... 49
2015...... 6...... 0.31...... 39
2015...... 7...... 0.15...... 127
2015...... 8...... 0.25...... 61
2015...... 9...... 0.23...... 70
2015...... 10...... 0.41...... 23
2015...... 11...... 0.33...... 36
2015...... 12...... 0.45...... 18
2016...... 1...... 0.54...... 9
2016...... 2...... 0.83...... 1
2016...... 3...... 0.73...... 3
2016...... 4...... 0.71...... 4
2016...... 5...... 0.55...... 8
2016...... 6...... 0.34...... 32
2016...... 7...... 0.39...... 25
2016...... 8...... 0.44...... 20

I wonder why NASA (Goddard) don't use satellites for the data collection? What does the 'S' in NASA stand for? Surface? :)

I know why alarmists prefer to use GISTemp.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 16 September 2016 5:20:57 PM
mhaze

You say :

"I know why alarmists prefer to use GISTemp."

So they were using Mark 1 satellites in the 1880s?
In other words you don't compare apples and oranges.

If you knew how satellites take temperature in relation to land stations you would not be asking the question.

There are good articles in The Conversation in relation to the matter.

But, as stated many times you do not need a thermometer to know temperature is going up.
Posted by ant, Friday, 16 September 2016 8:06:42 PM
The flea says: :”Only a fool; without any qualifications, can suggest they know better than thousands of Professionals..”
Quoting things I never said again, flea. Even you should be sick of your lies.
What I did point out was the deficiency of science to support the assertions, which I specified, in the paper.There is a false premise in the assumption that human caused CO2is affecting the climate.

The best that you can do is to lie about what I said. You have no science to counter my assertion, because there is no such science.. You lie about what I said, and avoid the topic where you have shown yourself to be such an ignoramus .My qualifications are certainly better than yours, flea, judging on output. We do not know what your qualifications are, because of your pig-ignorant refusal to supply them when asked, but obviously you have none, and have the gall to be dismissive of secondary level qualifications. I ask you again, flea, what are your qualifications in science? If you have none, you will not answer.
What comment on Carter are you talking about? You say:” The reference I provided about Carter had not been written by Cook; it had been written by a climate scientist.” Your muddled posts are not coherent.
You point out that I have not commented on matters raised by you.
They are irrelevant,being premised on a human effect on climate, so will not be relevant until you establish the unsupported proposition that there is a measurable human effect on climate. That will not happen.Unlike you, I always answer a properly based question.
You cannot take a point, can you flea? But you are only an ignoramus fool with no qualifications, and no understanding of science. You have no basis on which your assertions should be considered. Of course they should be disregarded until you stop lying and refer us to science which shows that human emissions have a measurable effect on climate. Human emissions of CO2 are 3% against nature’s 97%.The effect is trivial and not measurable.
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 16 September 2016 8:44:58 PM
Leo

Where scientists are saying that CO2 and radiated infrared create warmth you vehemently oppose what thousands of scientists are saying.
Your sophistry, aggression and accusations of lying amount to nothing.

Your constant comment is that there is no interaction between CO2 and radiated infrared.
Yes, or No?

Where is this experiment wrong, Leo?

http://vimeo.com/32056574

The 11 year ARM study is a more sophisticated study conducted in the natural environment.

Please show experiments that disprove the conclusions drawn from these examples.
Clearly, aggressive abuse is a non answer, a reference to Carter is also a non answer.
The question is about science.

You say you have knowledge about science, so should be able to provide experimental research that provides data, not mere words.

Also, you have not made any comment about the forcing in the atmosphere of 2.974watts/square metre for all greenhouse gases in 2015. The forcing has been tabulated since 1979.
Posted by ant, Saturday, 17 September 2016 7:12:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15