The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Galileo and gays > Comments

Galileo and gays : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 1/3/2016

Attempts by Christians to 'pray the gay away' are similarly unsuccessful. The fluidity of sexual orientation has now become scientifically established just as the heliocentric universe was in Galileo's time.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Big Nana:

“Personally I feel it is a learned response to adverse social/family conditions or forgotten trauma, but that's just me.”

It’s not just you. Many people have problems with homosexual behaviour for a variety of very good reasons but the atmosphere is so toxic now that you dare not voice any opposition for fear of being declared ‘homophobic’ which is akin to ‘mass murderer’.

You would think that homosexual people would want to discuss homosexuality at least in an objective sense. You would think that they would be interested enough in their own sexuality to want to understand it but it seems their only desire is to silence any discussion. Heterosexuals do not feel the need to shut down discussion on heterosexuality because they are interested in their own make-up as human beings.

Homophobia is seen as a negative thing and just about the worst insult you can give anyone but why? People either have phobic feelings about homosexuality or they do not. How can someone’s feelings be either wrong or right? They just are. People have phobias about many things. Do we insult someone because of their fear of spiders? That fear may seem silly to you if you do not have the same phobia but it can be so real to them that they literally break out in a sweat.

Why would anyone be so afraid of someone else’s feelings about spiders to the point where they needed to denigrate that person? That is what happens when anyone expresses a fear or revulsion or even a dislike of homosexuality.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 10:50:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's hip to inflict a dribbling bum, permanently damaged, on your female partner, apparently. She can expect discomfort and tears, anal fissures, as well. There is a big chance of that, because the rectum isn't designed for anything but elimination of soft stool. It is easy through poor diet even for a day to cause damage to that area.

That and compromise her health and limit her future offspring with nasty STIs.

Health authorities are rightly concerned about the number of young women who are being forced into anal sex by men who claim that anal sex is common, OK and safe. As has been promoted with very few challenges, all scoffed at on Q&A and other podiums provided by the ABC in particular and over many years.

Doesn't the ABC have much else to fill the time available?

At the very least the publicly-funded ABC should warn young women viewers of risks - not as a general statement but specific to them as young fertile women - where unsafe practices such as anal sex are being dismissed glibly by interviewees as OK and risks are being discounted.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 11:55:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Joe,

My statement that "the best strategy for preventing paedophilia is to make it legal, then they will no longer enjoy it!" was conditional on the veracity of Suseonline's earlier statement that "Paedophiles like to have illegal sex with children under 16". I have no statistics as to what percentage of paedophiles do so because it is illegal, or at least that the fact that it is illegal is a contributing factor for their deeds. Do you have any such statistics? On the face of it, it seems believable that for some, the illegality of an act can in itself be a sexual thrill.

I agree with you that homosexual attraction can be changed if its owner so wants... if they want... it they want... but if they became gay about it, then they also have pride and social investment in their homosexuality, so they are less likely to want to change that. It's not that I care either way about people's sexual attractions, but I oppose making a social big deal about it, about ANY sexual tendencies - life is not about that!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 11:56:09 AM
Hi Suse,

I was intrigued by your assertion that " ....The adult male penis apparently is able to fit into the adult female or male rectum, so who says it isn't natural for some consenting adults? "

So if it fits, it's natural ? [You might suspect where this is going :]. Coke bottles, in the case of your Trot colleagues ? Or tomato paste bottles or olive jars, in other un-mentioned cases, and everywhere in between ? Without mention Muslims (because that would be culturally insensitive and all cultures are equal), perhaps goats, donkeys and chickens ?

So whatever can be done by one human to another, is natural, and therefore good ?

I know the general thrust of right and wrong, good and bad, with volition or without, can be hard to grasp (no pun intended), but surely you would not advocate 'whatever is natural' as a life-principle ?

Please forgive me but I just don't see it that way. Relations between people, being so crucial to social cohesion, and to mutual love, seem to me to be more nuanced than that. My dear old very refined English grandmother used to insist, quite gratuitously, that arseholes had one purpose only, and I've striven to abide by that advice.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 1:00:55 PM
'At the very least the publicly-funded ABC should warn young women viewers of risks'

the abc otb as you know is made up largely of lesbians and men practicing homosexuality. It very much appears that their main concern for kids is to indoctrinate them in this filth.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 4:04:33 PM
Loudmouth, what is it to you or me what 2 consenting adults legally do in the privacy of their own bedroom? These sorts of activities may not be to our liking, but obviously some people do weird things in the pursuit of pleasure!

As long as it is not a criminal act, then why is it anyone else's business?
If these adults want to use whatever they like to insert in their orifices, despite medical opinions that might question that activity, then how is it any different to idiots wanting to ride a motorcycle over several buses for example? Or any other dangerous activity?

Let them do as they please, and we will do as we please.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 8:16:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy