The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Galileo and gays > Comments

Galileo and gays : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 1/3/2016

Attempts by Christians to 'pray the gay away' are similarly unsuccessful. The fluidity of sexual orientation has now become scientifically established just as the heliocentric universe was in Galileo's time.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Well Peter, common ground on homosexuality, being an aberration of the natural order, that in no way adds any conviction to the rest of the essay, which is simply regurgitating dogma created it would seem 50-100 years after the death of a prophet/teacher?

And not from evidential eyewitness accounts, but he said she said hearsay, or embellished invention?

Or in the case of te swiss authority you quote from, what if postulation?

You also deny the existence of a creator?

And given everything in the known universe is energy, simply transformed, you could be wrong?

Could it be you just can't accept a creator and the aberration of the natural order that is homosexuality?

I find it impossible to accept the big bang theory, given from nothing you get nothing, nor am I enamoured of the theory of evolution, given when compared to absolute chance resulting in a hugely complex and at times self aware organisms? Then on odds alone, there is more chance of a whirlwind whipping through a junkyard and from the chaos, creating a fully functional and flyable 747.

We are carbon based organisms, and just to produce a planet with all the necessary chemical components requires a number of perfectly timed steps, as stars are born then die, to create a periodic table.

And if life as we know it, emerged from primordial slime?

Where are the deposits of carboniferous coke the would be evidential?

We can create viruses (Pseudo life) in the laboratory. However, never by chance, but in a completely controlled environment and via planned essential steps, and always overseen by an organising intelligence!

I find it more convincing that we were created as a product of transformation of dark energy, than from nothing came the universe and then from pure serendipity, everything that followed.

And given we may well be something emanating from the transformation of dark matter or energy, can the universe think?

Well you and I can, and we are an integral part of the unified field of energy that is the universe and everything in it!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 9:33:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not getting into the debate of whether homosexuality is natural,or not but I get really confused by the premise that people who are attracted to someone of the same sex should not be condemned to a life without sexual release but someone who is attracted to children, to a close relative, to animals etc must totally abstain from any sexual activity.
And no, I'm not promoting pedophilia, incest or beastiality, just struggling with the concept that one group of people with uncommon sexual desires has more rights that other groups.
Posted by Big Nana, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 9:47:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
well I suppose you have as much chance as praying the gay away as you have of praying the adultery or the paedophille away.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 10:00:22 AM
This article comes at an appropriate time with the ongoing testimony of Cardinal Pell this morning. Broader excuses by the Catholoc Church that priests were fallen or in sin tends to diminish their responsibility.

Earnest collections of priests in Ballarat obviously failed to pray, their own gay, away. The boys were preyed on.

News.com reports 50 minutes ago, March 1, 2016: http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/pell-warned-on-culpability/news-story/1908d1ed277114e4c6732f669bd50ea4

"Pell warned on culpability"

"Cardinal George Pell has faced an ominous warning from the head of the child abuse royal commission, being told he would be culpable if it was found he knew about the acts of a pedophile priest in Ballarat in the 1970s."
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 10:10:13 AM
"It has now been established that a small proportion of men and women find themselves same sex attracted."

NB: A SMALL PROPORTION of men and women find themselves in this unenviable dilemma. They are not the trendoid freaks, poncing about in Mardi Gras who are the really disgusting creatures creating controversy and division
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 10:22:22 AM
Pedophiles are not just attracted to boys, but little girls as well!

Little doubt that these folk are the real sickos in the community, or the, hiding in plain sight, pious priesthood, not the gays keeping themselves to themselves; and like almost everybody else and some self declared gay priests, indulging their sexual preferences with other consenting adults, behind closed doors.

Even so, extroverts inside the Gay community are apt to be in your face, as it were, during the gay parade, and after years of discrimination and gay bashing, just for being who and what they are, understandable!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 10:51:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy