The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gender bending in our primary schools > Comments

Gender bending in our primary schools : Comments

By Greg Donnelly, published 11/2/2016

The book, The Gender Fairy, is being recommended for children four years of age and above.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Yuyutsu, easy to say for you who has already been educated.

I hope you have plenty of money squirreled away, because of course you wouldn't be accepting anything at all from your hated government? No Medicare, no pension, no seniors card, no tax rebates, no seniors concessions on anything?

Naturally, if you became ill or had an accident you would not accept going into a government hospital of course? You would pay the big bucks to go into a private hospital, where of course you wouldn't accept any Medicare rebates?
And, if you aren't able to stay home alone anymore, I hope you have huge amounts of money waiting to pay for your private nursing home with no government concession rates?
Don't think it can't happen....
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 11 February 2016 7:44:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suse,

You are very right and I have not been educated in Australia anyway.
My real education came from my parents, from my own reflections and from books, later from university (which my parents paid for, apart from non-government scholarships) - school was just there because where I grew up there was no other legal option: if I didn't go then they would have taken my parents to jail. However, I had the support of my parents to disregard them and not believe in whatever they tried to push on me.

There is however a simple solution: if you cannot afford to educate your children - then don't bring them to this world.

Regarding private hospitals, I have a private health insurance and according to my enquiries of them, they would pay in full for my hospital stay - which is the bulk of the expense in cases of serious illness. On some medical items, however, they complement the Medicare payment and cannot help but request the basic fee from Medicare before they can top it up themselves. I am therefore resolved not to claim for those items, but pay them from my own pocket and they told me that this would not be a problem, that I am allowed to claim selectively on certain items and not on others.

Regarding nursing homes, if I am no longer able to stay at home alone nor have family living with me, then the rational thing would be to pay for someone who would come and stay and care for me. If I cannot afford it, then dying is a very respectable and natural option.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 11 February 2016 9:07:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So what happens to the grandchildren of all the people like me who do not believe gender is changeable? Who believe that gender is determined by your DNA and chromosomes?
Just because someone is unhappy about what sex they are doesn't mean they actually are a different sex.
They could be simply delusional. They are emotionally unhappy with their status.
So, lots of us have been unhappy about many things to do with our bodies at some stage of our life. Doesn't mean we get to change it.
Any grandchild of mine comes home talking about the gender fairy will soon find me having a long and loud talk with their teacher.
Posted by Big Nana, Thursday, 11 February 2016 10:25:51 PM
Thank you Nana,

Just a small correction:

"Just because someone is unhappy about what sex they are doesn't mean they actually are a different sex."

Should be:

"Just because someone is unhappy about what sex they have doesn't mean they actually have a different sex.

You see, nobody is a sex, it's just a feature we happen to have and the secular schools wish to impress on children that this feature is so extremely important and that their happiness depends on it, where in fact this feature should best be ignored as few things bring more unhappiness than indulging on it.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 11 February 2016 11:21:18 PM
//So what happens to the grandchildren of all the people like me who do not believe gender is changeable?//

Hopefully they get taught to think for themselves rather than having some tired old geriatric decide what they should think. Teaching people to think for themselves should be the ultimate goal of any education.

//Any grandchild of mine comes home talking about the gender fairy will soon find me having a long and loud talk with their teacher.//

I know a few teachers. They all did a hard slog at uni - it's a four year course, which is an extra year that lots of other students don't have to do, and it isn't an easy degree. As such, they all take a fairly dim view of people with no training or experience telling them how to do their job. So you can talk as much as you like - chances are you'll just be ignored.

Teachers have enough to do already without having to deal with difficult students, so they certainly don't have time to deal with difficult nobodies. They'll smile and nod at you, and then when they're in the staffroom they'll say things like 'what was that mental bitch's problem?'. And that is about the only practical effect your long and loud talk will have. May as well save your breath.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 12 February 2016 12:07:24 AM
Yuyutsu, aren't you lucky you have the money to be able to support yourself without any help from the Government? I doubt you would be so anti-government if that weren't the case.

Don't make the mistake of thinking your private health fund will cover anything near the full price of hospital stays and medical bills though, because that is not true. I have top cover private health and have paid out thousands of dollars of my own money, even with Medicare help.

Also, don't bank on having any choice of opting for death rather than living in a nursing home. If that were the case, there wouldn't be any need for nursing homes at all would there, because no one 'chooses' to go into a home.

Big nana, people are born with their sexuality predetermined. I have absolutely no doubt about that at all, and no amount of 'talking to' by you or anyone else would change that.
All it would do would be to drive that person away from you, and that would be very sad for all concerned.
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 12 February 2016 12:11:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy