The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's day for secrets, flags and cowards > Comments

Australia's day for secrets, flags and cowards : Comments

By John Pilger, published 25/1/2016

Among settler nations with indigenous populations, apart from a facile 'apology' in 2008, only Australia has refused to come to terms with the shame of its colonial past.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
When one celebrates one's birthday, one is celebrating life, memories, achievements, and future promise. That one's existence is due to say a broken condom might be the truth, but is not recalled at this point.

Similarly no country's existence is not founded on a river of blood, murder and injustice, so when I hear whingers like John Pilger telling us to wear sackcloth and ashes and bemoan our existence, I say "tell someone that cares."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 25 January 2016 10:28:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I start by saying “I love Australia”, I was born in Australia. I live where the weather is great, most probably the best overall seasonal weather in the world.

That Australian flag, I have to tell you, is a symbolically threatening rag.
Most all world flags have images of number points and number of colours. Flags that have three colours suggest that repeated bible number three, death number. One is birth, two is life, three is death... circle of life.

Many world flags have one and or many pentagrams, five points, five wounds of Jesus. Jesus story being a threatening parable story, myself, mentioned several times before. Several country flags are predominately one pentagram star with some other defining symbolised image.

http://www.angelfire.com/id/robpurvis/pentagram.html
look down to: The Pentagram as a Christian Symbol.

The Union Jack is two crosses on a blue background, + over x. Red is the colour of blood. Blue is the colour Ancient Britons warriors supposed to colour themselves in battle, seen in the Braveheart 1995 movie “staring” Mel Gibson.
The Red Cross blood supply and medical servicing poor countries and military war campaigns. A red cross on a white background is the English flag.

All those old Knights, Kings and noble families had banners with predator birds and animals: Eagles; Hawks; Lions. King Richard the Lion Hearted had three lions on his banner, often shown when King Richard histories are expressed. Working class peasant humans are the prey, the sheep, the lambs of god.
Letter “K” first letter in the word kill. Letter K has four points. John Lennon's peace sign, a four point symbol inside a circle. During the Vietnam war, John Lennon's “Give Peace a Chance” song, I say 'grave stone' “rest in peace” was the peace message John Lennon was paid to send.

Banners and flags were meant to threaten people, imposing ideas that bulling forceful influence were to be expected.
Posted by steve101, Monday, 25 January 2016 10:55:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The pope walks during ceremonies with a papal staff (Seiyaku) with a man believed to be nail to a cross. The man nailed to a cross describes what crosses mean.

Stories depicting European inquisitions and Spanish priests walking with long staffs with figurines of a dead man, guiding Spanish soldiers invading Mexico and South America.

Media documentaries are using murderous Catholic religion inquisition history to convince people, by displaying religious crosses, to persuade watchers meanings of everyday crosses.

Five seven pointed stars and one pentagram star on the Australian flag, I assume leaving out one large seven pointed star under the Union Jack, is about British repression, many gold miners dying. The battle celebrating the Southern Cross part of the flag, depicts a cross at the southern side of earth's equator. Three colours: red; white and blue, if white is considered a colour.

The Canadian flag is a red leaf, three sectors, each sector has three points.

Old Kings crowns seen on media stories, the crowns I have seen, have numbers of three points noticed as crosses. The forth point being part of the crown.

Flags were designed and flown on flag poles at a time when democracy was not an issue. Threatening people once ideas of crosses, colours and number were made known.

In all media presentations on democracy, and media story examples of rare deceases being cured; of people battling a decease, regretfully passing away.

Knowing what has been mentioned above, lets fly our country flags, in ignorance of what flags really symbolise.
Posted by steve101, Monday, 25 January 2016 10:59:25 AM
January 24, 2016. SBS Sunday evening 7.30 PM documentary, entitled “Neanderthal Apocalypse”. You have heard of Zombie Apocalypse; and many other excuses of advertising an “end of time” Apocalypses.

I have mentioned how school education damagers Homo-Sapien brain development. Regardless of the documentary theories, I suggest Neanderthals are working class badly educated people. The documentary is one more persuasive memorised piece of information to gain persuasive ideas, once some radio station grabs peoples attention, filling in information mentioned symbolised ideas, then mentioning an end of time event is about to happen. Recommending selling all property in a hurry and head inland and wait until your told to head north for various mentioned reasons.
Posted by steve101, Monday, 25 January 2016 11:03:10 AM
"26 January, one of the saddest days in human history". Rubbish: the last 10,000 years of 'civilised' human history is filled with thousands of examples of invasions that have resulted in mass deaths and profound changes to pre-existing ways of life. The 1788 settlement of Australia by the British is just one of these 'invasions' and is no more or no less sad than any of the others.
More importantly, however, Indigenous Australia pre-1788 was mostly a brutal, hand to mouth existence for most inhabitants. Read the book 'Blind Moses' about the first Aboriginal lay preacher at the Hermannsberg Lutheran Mission in central Australia and you'll see why Christianity was so quickly adopted by Aborigines: it treated women as human beings and not as objects to be sold, killed, brutalised, etc; and it stopped the meaningless internecine warfare between tribes.
Pre-1788 Australia included infacticide, child marriage and tribal warfare as normal, acceptable practices. I don't wish to celebrate these things on Australia Day, just as I don't want to celebrate the massacres of Indigenous Australian by Exdigenous Australians. Instead, I want to celebrate the present, look to the future but never forget our past.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Monday, 25 January 2016 11:20:34 AM
Hi Bernie,

A review of that book by the 'Blind Moses', Tjalkabota (1927), is available on Alistair Crooks' web-site: http://www.aboriginalculture.org/index.html

I don't know that Aboriginal people adopted Christianity in any great numbers, but they certainly welcomed the services that missions (and in SA, the government) could offer such as the ration system, schooling for their kids, eventually cottages, guns, boas, and land leases.

I suspect that the attitude of many people is "Well, how else do you explain the drop in numbers except through massacres ?" The problem is, as you suggest, that there are many, many other 'explanations' for any supposed population drop (which I also suspect has been over-stated) - grog, fatal fights, beating of wives to death, sterility amongst women, neglect. I honestly don't know of any unprovoked massacre of Aboriginal people in SA. None. They may have occurred but I don't know of any. Call me ignorant.

Grog was a huge problem from the outset. The Protector was always sending people back to their home areas from the city if they were constantly drunk and had to resort to begging. Again, women especially copped it from violent drunk partners: I was just reading about one young woman who the Rev. Taplin had to patch up, with an upper arm bone protruding through the skin, after her partner had thrashed her with a fence paling. A young wife of his later died of 'chest injuries' at only sixteen. What we would call these days, a total scumbag.

From the earliest days in Adelaide, Aboriginal men were convicted of wife-killing - they seemed surprised that it was an offence. The sentence was usually a relatively short period in jail, taking into consideration their cultural sensitivities. Even though the penalty for murder was death, no Aboriginal man was ever executed for the murder of their partner.

[TBC]
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 25 January 2016 12:01:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy