The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We need more carbon dioxide, not less > Comments

We need more carbon dioxide, not less : Comments

By Patrick Moore, published 26/11/2014

If this trend had continued, CO2 would have become too low to support life on Earth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
How cruel, Patrick!

Why do you want so many people to lose their jobs?

Currently, any idiot can obtain generous research grants by instead of claiming that they want to study the breeding habits of the Isabelline Wheatear (a rare bird), claiming that they want to study the effect of global warming on the breeding habits of Isabelline Wheatear.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 November 2014 7:21:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear spindoc,

Oh Lordy Lordy.

This man is a complete sell out but if you want to kiss him where the sun don't shine then be my guest, but do the rest of us a favour an don't repeat the lie that this man is a co-founder of Green Peace because it is demonstrably false.

Here is his application to join an organisation he apparently co-founded.
http://www.greenpeace.org/international/Global/usa/binaries/2008/12/patrick-moore-s-application-le.pdf

What a crock.

This bloke continues with this deception purely for the supposed credence it gives him allowing him to charge more for his paid lobbying efforts on behalf of companies like Asian Pulp & Paper, B.C. Hazardous Waste Management Corporation, Canadian Pulp and Paper Association, Westcoast Energy and BC Gas, BHP Minerals (Canada), Canadian Mining Association and the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada, National Association of Forest Industries (Australia), and Ipex – Canada's largest PVC manufacturer.

Yet you find him an eminently credible individual? Actually that isn't all that surprising.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 26 November 2014 11:11:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

Here's a more comprehensive bio of Patrick Moore...

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Patrick_Moore

"Patrick Moore is an AGW denier and corporate shill. Moore works for the Nuclear Energy Institute front group, and the Clean and Safe Energy Coalition. He has worked for the mining industry, the logging industry, PVC manufacturers, the nuclear industry and has worked in defence of biotechnology.

Although Moore was once (1981, 1986) a leading figure with Greenpeace Canada and subsequently with Greenpeace International, in 2008 Greenpeace issued a statement distancing itself from Moore, saying he "exploits long gone ties with Greenpeace to sell himself as a speaker and pro-corporate spokesperson, usually taking positions that Greenpeace opposes."

Nuff said...
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 26 November 2014 11:18:29 PM
‘morning Patrick,

I do hope you are following this thread as I wish to apologize.

I used your article to cast burley upon the water to see what jumped up to take the bait. In doing so I seem to have trawled up a number of predictable bottom feeders.

Firstly we have the all the solutions to the non-existent, de-carbonization problem and that offensive nuclear power solution.

I do quite like the idea of thorium powered handbags and the “micro grids” that can be created by hooking them up wherever one happens to be? I guess this explains the 15 minute delay between a woman getting into her car and actually driving off, looking for that damn thorium reactor somewhere in the bottom of the handbag!

I prefer the Nuclear Powered Range Rover myself. It runs for 1,000 years without refuelling and can be plugged into the mains when you get home to power a small city.

Hey Ho, wacky is what wacky does.

More importantly we have the Steel reflux and Madam Poirot tag team of Daleks. Exterminate! Exterminate!

The polarized us-versus-them mentality, exalted self status with a special mission to save the planet, attack Independent Thought, Motive Questioning- When sound evidence is presented, question the motivation of the presenter, pointing to the shortcomings of the outside world, shooting the messenger, obsessiveness regarding the “their” orthodoxy, opposer warnings, "Satan" will eat your babies if you believe this man, denigration and character assignation and of course the mandatory response to critical thinking, name calling.

Lets have a quick review of the Daleks responses?

You are a “complete sell out”. That is because you were once perceived to be “of the faith”. You are now a liar, fraud, guilty of deception, beholding to “big something”, a “denier”, your bio is a “crock” and you are a corporate shill.

The responses of the Daleks get 12 out of 12 “ticks” against the set criteria and yet incredibly, not one single one of them addressed any content from your article. Odd that?

I love when a plan comes together.

Exterminate! Exterminate!
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 27 November 2014 1:52:04 PM
Dear spindoc,

You said;

“I used your article to cast burley upon the water to see what jumped up to take the bait. In doing so I seem to have trawled up a number of predictable bottom feeders.”

Mate! You have used that sort of line so many times when you have been given a hiding that it has definitely lost it's currency, and the rest sounds very much like defensive waffling.

There was a very simple matter I took you to task on was Patrick Moore a founding member of Green Peace or not? Yet I have not received an answer. Something a little more succinct than your last post would be desirable.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 28 November 2014 3:59:34 PM
You are a bit selective with your info on Patrick Moore, Poirot,

Wiki is much more extensive. Patrick is a NO-NONSENSE type of guy and a fricken founder of Greenpeace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%28environmentalist%29#After_Greenpeace

Greenpeace:
According to Greenpeace: How a Group of Ecologists, Journalists, and Visionaries Changed the World by Rex Wyler, the Don't Make a Wave Committee was formed in January 1970 by Dorothy and Irving Stowe, Ben Metcalfe, Marie and Jim Bohlen, Paul Cote, and Bob Hunter and incorporated in October 1970.[7] The Committee had formed to plan opposition to the testing of a one megaton hydrogen bomb in 1969 by the United States Atomic Energy Commission on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians. Moore joined the committee in 1971 and, as Greenpeace co-founder Bob Hunter wrote, “Moore was quickly accepted into the inner circle on the basis of his scientific background, his reputation [as an environmental activist], and his ability to inject practical, NO-NONSENSE insights into the discussions.”

He was even on the Rainbow Warrior and was an environmental activist from 1971 to 1986 for God's sake.

And why would did he become disillusioned with Greenpeace?

“In 2005, Moore criticized what he saw as scare tactics and disinformation employed by some within the environmental movement, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism."

“He commented that he had left Greenpeace because it "took a sharp turn to the POLITICAL LEFTl" and "evolved into an organization of extremism and politically motivated agendas".

I heard of this guy years ago and glad he has made it here and disiphering all the LEFTIST PROPAGANDA.

SteelFlux, you are a lefty deviant.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”
― Frank Zappa
Posted by Constance, Saturday, 29 November 2014 7:04:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy