The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We need more carbon dioxide, not less > Comments

We need more carbon dioxide, not less : Comments

By Patrick Moore, published 26/11/2014

If this trend had continued, CO2 would have become too low to support life on Earth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Constance,

This article is a pile of garbage.

".... Moore works for the Nuclear Energy Institute front group, and the Clean and Safe Energy Coalition. He has worked for the mining industry, the logging industry, PVC manufacturers, the nuclear industry and has worked in defence of biotechnology."

"SteelFlux, you are a lefty deviant."

Always fascinating how people who demonstrate very little substance get their jollies from calling fellow posters names.

You're a great example of that particular brand of vacuous belligerence, Constance.

Cheers
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 29 November 2014 8:21:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Constance, he was NOT one of the founders of Greenpeace, and he may have had a no nonsense approach a few years back, bu hes certainly making up for it now!

There are valid criticisms of Greenpeace, but he hasn't made them.
There are sensible ex-environmentalists, but he isn't one of them.

Rhosty, why are you again repeating the lie that transmission line losses are around 50%?
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 30 November 2014 12:12:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Constance,

'Deviant Leftie' is an interesting label but I'm not sure why you would use it when defending Mr Moore. What I have taken exception to is Moore claiming he was a founding member of Green Peace when he patently not, and nothing you have offered proves otherwise. Further I have taken exception to the 'founding member' claim being repeated on OLO both in the author's bio and by spindoc.

If valuing facts and challenging false claims makes me a 'deviant leftie' in your eyes then I suppose I have earned it. But I would suggest that by persisting in his 'founding member' lie Mr Moore is so obviously deviating from the truth that he is a far more worthy recipient of at least the first half of said title.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 30 November 2014 11:35:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a pleasure to read an article which gives an honest appraisal of the science of climate change. The ridiculous attempt to demonise a minor greenhouse gas, which is essential to all life on earth has been one of the more disgraceful features of the climate change fraud.

The science-deniers are out in force, attacking the author with irrelevant criticism, of a personal nature, because they have no answer to the science. Ad hominem is the constant resort of those with no valid comment on the science which makes their dishonest position on climate change untenable.

The hound, Redux and Poirot are determined to make fools of themselves, yet again.
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 30 November 2014 6:05:05 PM
Yer a hoot Leo!

In a post devoid of any "valid comment on the science" - he says:

"....Ad hominem is the constant resort of those with no valid comment on the science..."

Then he follows that up with a brief ad hominem.:

"The hound, Redux and Poirot are determined to make fools of themselves, yet again."

Lulz....
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 30 November 2014 6:13:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy