The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are we winning or losing the war on terror? > Comments

Are we winning or losing the war on terror? : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 3/10/2014

In short, the west is engaged in a 'long war' of low intensity conflict. But politicians and media just bounce along from one event to another without seeing the big picture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. All
When I read daily reports from around the world on Abbott's mismanagement of this country I feel like chucking up, when oh when can we get rid of this parasite, he is a complete danger to this once great country and it's people.
Posted by Ojnab, Saturday, 4 October 2014 2:40:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Directly addressing the author's title-question: "Are we winning or losing the war on terror?"

By the most important measure - lacked of Islamic terorist caused deaths in Western countries - we are winning the War on Terror (WoT).

The new Western war against IS in Iraq-Syria may or may not be related to this winning of the WoT so far.

Western domestic counter-terrorism efforts, including international intelligence and also police raids, are probably the mains reasons for this rolling win so far.

More in my article next week.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 4 October 2014 3:38:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Borat got it right." Can I say we support your wars of terror." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnbrtd8vE8

Terror was the concept created by the Western neo-cons to pursue unending wars of imperialism.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 4 October 2014 4:50:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi loco-Arjay

So where does that leave the two worst Great Terrors of the 20th Century - those of Stalin and Mao? http://youtu.be/EMBXwppM8g8

They were both Good anti-imperialist Communists weren't they?

Get it right.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 4 October 2014 5:19:24 PM
"When I read daily reports from around the world on Abbott's mismanagement of this country..." Ojnab, can you please share the sources of these reports from 'around the world' that specifically call Abbott's handling of this country mismanagement? You are great at making up the facts to suit your claims; I bet you cannot provide one credible link as proof.

Boo Hoo David G - no body likes you, maybe you should eat some worms.

halduel & Arjay - totally predictable anti-West big oil, paranoid, Capitalist conspiracy theory palava. How can you and David G actually believe the world is so bad without seriously considering topping yourself when you wake up in the morning? (Assuming you can sleep)
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Saturday, 4 October 2014 5:45:20 PM
Hi loco-Pete,
I do hope your article next week is going to be balanced and factual and not simply a tract that will appeal to some of the unbalanced rednecks who inhabit OLO and who glory in war and killing.

"What then does the U.S. gain by being the mightiest military power in the history of the world? The short answer is: it gains the ability to wreak havoc wherever it pleases."

Your article must surely reflect the truth of this sentence!

Cheers.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 4 October 2014 5:47:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20