The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence > Comments

Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 15/9/2014

Minorities mob the World Congress of Families with intolerance, and the land of the fair go looks on with seeming indifference.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Agronomist,

>>Well George, I am not quite sure where you are headed. <<

I was only reacting to your two sentences re abortion clinics and picketers in the US, questioning their relevance to how Babette was presenting her case.

I did not read her article as complaining merely about the few picketers that turned up at the end. You have to have some political clout to make an international conference or other gathering change its venue and invited speakers a number of times. I think this ability to harass (in fact prevent, by making the Event take place in an obscure place) free speech, not whether one agrees or not with what WFC is about, should make people worry.

>>Babette is being hypocritical, particularly when she glowingly reports Danny Nalliah doing a bit of chanting of his own<<

For me it sounded more like a sarcasm, perhaps understandable under the circumstances.

>>The right to free speech does not constitute a right to force people to listen to what you say or have to give you a platform to say it.?<<

I agree but do not see how did Babette “force” you to read her article, or anybody to attend her Event. Or how did she “force” venue providers to offer her a platform. Or did you mean Graham should not have provided her such a platform by accepting her article?
Posted by George, Thursday, 18 September 2014 11:14:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy