The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence > Comments

Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 15/9/2014

Minorities mob the World Congress of Families with intolerance, and the land of the fair go looks on with seeming indifference.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Runner, I haven't seen it written anywhere that those protesters were all feminists?
That's like saying that all anti- abortion protesters are mad religious fundamentalists.
Were you at the meeting in question, and did you check if all the protesters were feminists?

It is often reported that many of these protesters at any of these controversial events are really just 'professional protesters' who love violence and confrontation as a passtime!
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 3:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suse,
The counter protest was organised by groups called Radical Women and Progressive Atheists Inc their spokeswoman gave interviews explicitly describing it as a Radfem event and both groups are outspokenly Feminist in their views according to their Facebook pages.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 3:28:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Really JoM?
Must have been a few dozen feminist males I saw on TV amongst the protesters for the Family Conference then?

I hope you aren't suggesting it is only feminists and atheists who are against the anti-choice, homophobic, radical Christians amongst this little Tea Party group, because you would be wrong.
If they had any support in the community at large at all, they would have been able to access more than a mad splinter group's hall for their little conference.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 7:48:28 PM
'If they had any support in the community at large at all, they would have been able to access more than a mad splinter group's hall for their little conference. '

yep Susie as one person I can't recall said that the further a
community moves from the truth the more repulsive the truth seems to people. You and Poirot demonstrate that well.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 8:09:33 PM
"Do abortion clinics in Australia have to keep on changing their venues (and doctors) because of the pressure exerted on them by picketers and politicians who support the picketers’ views?"

Well George, I don't know. But I do know that groups picketing abortion clinics in the US, where the WCF hails from, have not been above setting off bombs, setting fire to clinics and shooting doctors.
Posted by Agronomist, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 8:51:43 PM
Thank you, runner.

Every time you post your derision, it merely serves to demonstrate the "inner runner".

I know many Christians - and none of them spits venom in order to accentuate their faith.

The venom you spit comes form "runner".

It's a shame you use your Christianity as a shield from behind which to fire your darts.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 16 September 2014 9:01:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy