The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence > Comments

Babette's Feast behind a steel mesh fence : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 15/9/2014

Minorities mob the World Congress of Families with intolerance, and the land of the fair go looks on with seeming indifference.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Runner, I have no idea what you are on about!
I have already said all I have to say ......
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 17 September 2014 7:46:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suse,
Yes, feminist Males, the other 49% of the Feminist milieu, they're the ones who carry out the violence by proxy for the Feminist women.
This whole spat is between the two branches of Feminism, the female supremacists of the Left and the goddess worshippers on the right. Traditionalism is "the other Feminism", like Feminism it infantilises women and seeks to rob them of their agency while subordinating the whole of society to meeting the needs of women.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 17 September 2014 9:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline,

Thanks for the link. It does not contain authentic quotes only accusations that I do not think Babette or any of the organisers of the WCF in Australia would subscribe to with such a wording.

The Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Congress_of_Families has a description of the aims of WCF that many people will not identify with, but none of the absurd claims listed in your link, except perhaps that “it was added to the list of organizations designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center (a non-governemental civil rights organisation) as anti-LGBT hate groups" (whatever that means).

I am afraid people agreeing with runner’s position (on matters the WCF is apparently concerned with) will probably see as “hate groups” all sorts of other organisations. I do not think this terminology leads us anywhere, certainly not to a society where different world view positions - which all have their more as well as less tolerant wings - can coexist or even cooperate in finding the right way between the two extremes of thoughtless progressivism and rigid, equally thoughtless, conservatism.
Posted by George, Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:57:40 PM
lovely to stay ignorant of facts that don't suite your narrative. That's why pictures of young babies are not allowed to be displayed before being slaughtered. Then again that's hate speach while killing the baby is loving and caring. Well its at least legal (except for Ireland). So its not hate speach there.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 September 2014 11:59:09 PM
Well George, I am not quite sure where you are headed. My complaint about Babette Francis’ piece was firstly that she cast her opposition as “ferals” in order to demonise them, but when you boil down the actual complaint it was that potential hosters of the event got cold feet when they realised some people would turn up and protest. As it turned out the protest was mild with the worst action being one protester baring her breasts and a bit of chanting.

So really, I am saying that Babette is being hypocritical, particularly when she glowingly reports Danny Nalliah doing a bit of chanting of his own.

As I stated earlier far worse activities have gone on outside abortion clinics in the US and the WCF approves of those activities.

The right to free speech does not constitute a right to force people to listen to what you say or have to give you a platform to say it.
Posted by Agronomist, Thursday, 18 September 2014 1:49:20 PM
'Runner, I have no idea what you are on about! 'No Susie 'progressives make it a habit of being blissfully ignorant of evil when it suites them but very quick to point out the evil of those who oppose them. Thats why they make such a fuss over a sign being held up but are extremely quite aabout the religion of peace multilating girls, forcing women to wear head gear and selling many off as slaves. That placard showing a picture of an unborn baby is so wicked.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 18 September 2014 2:21:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy