The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel and Palestine > Comments

Israel and Palestine : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 1/8/2014

I do not have much sympathy for people who place rocket bases in housing areas, though I recognise that Hamas sees its own cause as just.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
I find it passing strange why these genetic cousins (Sons and Daughter of Jacob) couldn't settle their differences and just learn to adapt to what is, and learn to live or cohabit in peace!
Given that is never ever going to happen?
Israel should be relocated, along with all its considerable inherent wealth and entire military ordinance.
We could do worse than to invite them to do just that, in a largely depopulated mid/north western WA?
I not sure how big Israel is, but we have cattle stations that take much longer to traverse!
One of those would likely be big enough to contain a New Israel, and have enough water resources etc, for the extremely innovative Israelis, to use as their principle source of endlessly recyclable water, and an arid area, converted to another veritable garden!
There really are only just two choices, when it comes to those who just cannot live in peace.
Eliminate the lot of them; or separate them and relocate one of them?
For mine, I would welcome a new democracy, and in a new state in our northwest; near huge Lake Argyle, and, with all the inherent wealth and knowledge, that would be relocated with them!
Otherwise, we just have to walk away, and just let them get on with the murderous business, of trying to eliminate each other; and indeed, what that then might lead to, with powerful nations taking/picking sides?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 1 August 2014 11:24:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Israelis have achieved so much because they have an eye for the future - to make this life a better one. Unfortunately it seems that the Arab approach is to dwell in the past, to right perceived wrongs; and that can never happen. I suggest that if the Palestinians and their leaders can change their mindset to look to making a better future, then a peace will be possible.
Posted by Malcolmpb, Friday, 1 August 2014 11:28:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhrosty,
Things will sort themselves out.
The way things are going there's not going to be much of a Jewish diaspora outside the U.S.A, young Jews are marrying out at a rate of about 50-70% and given that 45% of Israelis say they'd leave the country if a major war took place,in 20 years there may not even be a viable Jewish state.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 1 August 2014 12:35:14 PM
Dear Rhrosty,

<<We could do worse than to invite them to do just that, in a largely depopulated mid/north western WA?>>

I'm afraid you may be in breach of copyright as this idea is nothing but new. The latest offer was rejected by Australia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberley_Plan

There were many other suggestions as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_a_Jewish_state

It seems like now you are desperate to find the best mercenaries to fight off a possible Islamic invasion from Malaysia and/or Indonesia.

Interestingly, you wouldn't take in the Palestinians instead, though fewer in number... wonder why...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 1 August 2014 1:18:21 PM
You
We in Australia do not fear the religion of our neighbours. We all live in peace and will continue to do so.
It is you blokes who live in the vengeful philosophy of your history who don't do that.
We don't want that attitude here in Australia. It is foreign to us. Nor do we want your racist bigotry.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 1 August 2014 3:29:54 PM
And yu we have invited all racial and religious groups here.

Explain to me why only one group is dominating our media with their idealogical and religious driven hate.

And mate I have yet to see any Arabs or Palestinians or Muslims spout the racist or bigoted hate in any of the articles or comments in online opinion.
I have seen leaders of the Jewish community spouting intolerance and hate in the wider media.

I saw Graham Richardson today show great courage and raise interesting questions in the mainstream media today.

Australians are not following him. He is following Australians.

You blokes need change your behaviours and question the effectiveness of your philosophical and religious beliefs and practices before we force you, through our inherent common decency, to do that.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 1 August 2014 3:40:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy