The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cutting the grass in the theatre of war > Comments

Cutting the grass in the theatre of war : Comments

By Junaid Cheema, published 30/7/2014

In Sderot, local Israelis pulled up chairs at hill tops to watch the bombing of Gaza. The spectators took happy snaps, shared popcorn and cheered; as the Israeli Military cut the grass - dealing death on Gaza.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All
As I see it, there are three issues here that I am trying to grapple with - the horror of what Israel is doing to the Gazan people, the total impunity with which Israel does it, and the pathological cognitive dissonance used to justify what Israel is doing.

Each of the three issues really does my head in. All three combined just leave me no choice but to shut down and stop thinking about it - at least for a few minutes.

SPQR

Well, if Ima doesn't ask Junaid on a date, I just might. Apart from him being rather cute (am I allowed to say that?), at least I know the conversation would be a cut above many a date I've had.

Rhrosty

Nice to see you in fine armchair-bomber form again with the putrid prose about nuking the Hamas vermin like we did those evil Japs. As for transplanting Israel to WA, I'd be all for it, just to give those poor wretched Gazans some respite from the terror of having the crap bombed out of them every couple of years and maybe give West Bank Palestinians a chance to finally get their homes back. However, if we put Israel in WA, there's a good chance that Australia might look like this in 60 years time (just ask an Aborigine).

http://canadianboycottcoalition.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/map_postcards-coalition.jpg
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 8:04:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Killarny: I'd be all for it, just to give those poor wretched Gazans some respite from the terror of having the crap bombed out of them every couple of years and maybe give West Bank Palestinians a chance to finally get their homes back.

For about a week, then they'd end up like the rest of the Middle East. Bombing, Shooting, Beheading & Stoning the $#it of each other anyway. They love it. They've been at it for 5000 years. The problem then they would have no one to blame.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:04:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A passionate plea by Caroline Glick, in which she describes the awful twisting of the truth in western media and political circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgwmerQYndo
Posted by elizabeth4, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:28:58 PM
What!?

America gives Hamas 47 millions Dollars to replenish it's depleted Rockets & Arms supplies(Oh, sorry, Aid for the people)? Strange.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:42:56 PM
@sqpr; you are the perfect Israeli supporter - can you provide a ref to the Quranic passage you quoted as the basis of your argument? You can't! Because it doesn't exist in the Quran! Either you are ignorant or a blatant lier that is vilifying an entire religion so you can shamelessly justify genocide based on a lie. That's all your argument is, a lie! Any normal human with a conscious would take this opportunity to self reflect but you won't because you are not a normal human being with a conscious.
Posted by theHypocrisy, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:17:00 PM
@jayb
You are admitting to taking pleasure in watching little children die as quoted by you - you don't need a response, you need a cell for the criminally insane!
Posted by theHypocrisy, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:18:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All