The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Iraq: the ISIS crisis > Comments

Iraq: the ISIS crisis : Comments

By Peter Coates, published 20/6/2014

Australia, if it wants to be active in Iraq, cannot act alone so it must follow some country’s lead.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
Plantagenet, there are few things more important than monetary sovereignty, because new money created by the private banking system represents your toil and creativity.

Mayer Armchel Rothschild," Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."

In other words Pete, they own you,me and our Politicians
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 22 June 2014 10:52:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just read that the Government has cancelled some passports for these fighters to leave Australia. Why not say to them you leave, you're not returning ! Let them go just don't let them come back. I have always maintained if they want the people over there then they should go there, you can't help by staying here. Once your help has established some sort of stability then there is no reason anyway to come back here. Most of them wouldn't be here because they're all refugees aren't they ? Those who left to get away from the nonsense are the more switched on & they are of no threat to anyone. The building approval of mosques in Australia is a clear indication that the Left has been infiltradted by the dread.
Posted by individual, Monday, 23 June 2014 6:33:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Already in place that they will be arrested on return to Australia. however why not cancel their passports whilst overseas so that they can't get back?
Those that want to go should be allowed to leave and good riddance
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 23 June 2014 8:13:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<the Government has cancelled some passports for these fighters to leave Australia. Why not say to them you leave, you're not returning>>

As much as I would like it to happen I seriously doubts about it being implemented long-term. Just watch now as all the celebrity-seeking humanrights lawyers and advocates start to squawk.

<<Those that want to go should be allowed to leave and good riddance>>
Agree --if they want to implement Sharia let them live under it. But I suspect the allure of easy OZ welfare & reserved housing commission places will outdraw Sharia.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 23 June 2014 8:26:50 AM
Hi Pete,

Yes, certainly, in the short- to medium-term, all military options should be used to stop ISIS. But in the longer-term, say decades, there will have to be, and I am hopefully that there will be, a sustained ideological struggle.

As for jihadis returning to Australia, certainly - if they are dual citizens (how on Earth does that work ?) - their Australian citizenship should be cancelled (since they are aligned with an enemy force and fighting an Australian ally).

But if they are only Australian citizens, why shouldn't they be detained until it is made clear that they have committed no crime in Iraq or Syria ? If they have, then of course they should be extradited if Iraq or Syria can make a case against them in the usual way of extraditions.

ISIS is not just some rag-tag bunch of terrorists - it has raided banks and armories, and is now a very well-cashed-up, and heavily-armed force controlling territory in Syria and Iraq (but not in Saudi Arabia - go figure) almost as large as Iraq itself. This IS a big deal, and yes, unless ISIS is rolled back and eventually destroyed, it will remain a threat ultimately to Australia, and all countries in between. I fervently hope that one day, the 'Left' will come to dimly understand that.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 23 June 2014 10:43:32 AM
Joe,

Here's how it works:

"Dual citizenship
It is possible to hold citizenship of two or more countries if the law of those countries allow. This is known as dual, or multiple, citizenship.

People can become dual citizens automatically, or after being granted citizenship of another country.

For example, an Australian citizen may automatically gain citizenship of another country through marriage, while a permanent resident of Australia may become a dual citizen by becoming an Australian citizen.

Prior to 4 April 2002, Australian citizens who became citizens of another country lost their Australian citizenship automatically."

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/dual_citizenship/

I've been a dual citizen since birth but have only held a Foreign passport since 1972; dual citizenship has a lot of advantages.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 23 June 2014 11:13:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11