The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why tolerate religion? > Comments

Why tolerate religion? : Comments

By Ralph Seccombe, published 19/6/2014

Given the universal human rights of freedom of speech, freedom of assembly etc etc, should there be a separate and additional category of religious rights?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 45
  15. 46
  16. 47
  17. All
George,

See Wikipedia for a claim of the restoration of an amputated leg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle

"According to 17th century documents, a young Spanish man's leg was miraculously restored to him in 1640 after having been amputated two and a half years earlier".
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 22 June 2014 11:50:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[THAT SOMETHING/POSSIBILITY/WILL WITHIN THAT REVEALS THAT GREATER..CAUSATION..something..that fulfills
all the possibility..inherent is the one..GOOD..[we=collectively=me].

<<..The “something”,..of\course,..does not/necessarily..have to be material.>>

there is..a surety..in physically holding,AFFIRMING,something[you hold it..or you dOnt]..but when your standing..*on water telling yourself..its ice..that unveils/the mateial..as a self imposed illusion..;..[think like..god dreaming..;-=us..

but that means..our..COLLECTIVE..end-dreaming]
equals he=me[i-am]..with-in..all of me[we]

<< I/just..have to/be convinced..>>no
its not..about points/'concludiNG\nor colluding..a final solution.
ITS ABOUT/US..BEING ENERGY..;..SELF AWARE..[THAT ENERGY CANT BE CREATED..NOR DESTROYED]..yet,,is constantly/in the flux..and flow of change..*of state

<<..that whatever/it is,..>>that we..
as co-creators..re-form/in-form..makes form..[per-form]

<<..it is real.,,as we..are/he lives/thus we live\
we live/thus..so doth he.[the collective '..[of]..E'..=we...=he.

<<>.I have/yet to be..convinced/that..so-called “spirits”..are real..>>

thats funny/think..energy/not even..that bump..'in the night'?
that unexplained\HAPPENING/experience..[sue/has them too.;recall the first time..we heard that/death 'sigh'..[its-ALL/in..the timming]

<<>and..that..somebody>>[WE ALL]....
can..[WILL]....have..“after-death experiences”.>>

i have..enough/'stuff'\..others disbelieve/
thus/i determined..i would accord..belief/of\that i hear
i read/that..which affirms..eagerly/attentivly..like loving /lovers

<<>. Some people..may affirm>>NOT/CON*FIRM?....<<>.that..“spirits”..are real..and that\they/have had..“after death experiences”...I do not believe it...[mistaken/perhaps..they are having hallucinations/or they are acting..under false pretences.>>

surely..you..have some amassing..;experiences/others wouldnt believe
tell/me..are you used/to..wasting time telling..lies..[i feel most are ..sincere;..because..i know stuff/more amassing..has happend/to me]..PERSONALY.

your not seeing..*the miracle..WONDER..[try lamb Island..thread.]

INDY..<<..cured,..does/that make..the surgeon a miracle..?>>
the surgen/was born..a miracle..its only fair/they reveal miracles[often we hear/of surgeons/hands..being..'guided'..

BUT..WHO..is breathing;for/him..
making his heart-pump/blood-flow..dna/divided..etc

<<>.Or what about..the brainy inventor>>

who..was/so..focussed..that..spirit..'in-spired..imputed..a co-invention..!

[see/thaT..if we think..any-thng..
more of the same..is given..*[ie we think..its ouR thought/process..its really..communing/with\the departed..and other*LIFE..[mind-reading][TELLIE-Communion-isation]

just reading/the authers-words/brings/the auther

writing..is recording/THE-MINDS/..vibration..[id/
VIBE]..of the..mind&..with like-minds/thinking..same/same.

<<.At times..the body's defence system..is strong enough..>>

if its prepared..or responds,..OR DENIES..
any power/over god's..natural-good

<<..To overcome/an illness>>..like/this..
inner-voicing..from demons*..<<..All I know..>>
WAS..the call....<<..is that if..I had..*that power>>

which clearly..no-one has
for evil../thus..has..res=,,aon-4-being..exists

<<>>there wouldn't be..a single/human suffering>>
so people/will drift into zombie states/become observers\before their time..[see post mortum journal].

<<>.any bad ones..would miraculously
disappear..from the face..of the earth.>>..[god/fore-bids..this]

PUTTING THE EVIL \..ALL INTO THAT..one secure place
where as demons..they link into..the damion web..[read/7\deadly-sins]..damons/feeding off..others thoughts...inspiring,,the occasional huh?-man...

but mainly..an omnipresent dark/vacume..allowed/existance
on its own TERMS...RESPECTING..thE ME..=we=he...there/butt\4/grace=me
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 22 June 2014 12:05:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the surgen/was born..a miracle
uog,
I picked that one because it's the only one I sort of think I understand from your style of writing. (I'd love to see a love letter written by you) :-)
Anyhow,
It looks as though your definition of a miracle is exactly as my definition of chance. The surgeon's birth was a chance of him having the aptitude to be a surgeon but in your opinion it was miracle. So, the poor sufferer was born with an ailment that required a surgeon or in your words a miracle to rectify him. Was the sufferers dilemma also a miracle ?
I think it was bad luck ! How can a human being come into this world punished from it's very first breath. I thought all Man are born equal ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 June 2014 12:47:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise , why do all of these miracles seem to take place in the Catholic Church only, is it because the priests wear dresses and funny hats? anybody in times gone by could report so called miracles, everybody would have believed in them because of a lack of education, evidently gullible people still believe in rubbish that spouts from the mouthes of Popes and Priests, the only miracle I must of had was to be a good swimmer, bad luck for the millions who didn't make it, must have been the fault of the devil,
Live in the real world and not in make believe.
Posted by Ojnab, Sunday, 22 June 2014 1:35:34 PM
"Why can I not find any scholarly examination of their claims?
I have appealed for help but none has been forthcoming."

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you... Is Mise.

Try: 'The Bulletin of the Lourdes International Medical Association is published for medical doctors and professors. It is published in four languages: French, Italian, Spanish and English

Contact
A.M.I.L (Medical Bureau of the Sanctuary)
Sanctuaires Notre-Dame de Lourdes, 1 avenue Mgr Théas
65108 Lourdes Cedex. Tél : +33 (0)5 62 42 79 08'

You could even email them via: bmedical@lourdes-france.com
Posted by WmTrevor, Sunday, 22 June 2014 2:38:40 PM
Individual "You didn't go to Lourdes since your previous last post by any chance ? If you did I might become a convert."

Lol! You gave me my first Sunday chuckle with that one Individual : )

Is Mise, I doubt anyone believes all they read on the internet anyway?

Any old religious person can write whatever they want on some of these 'sacred sites'!
How can anyone refute or prove some 'miracles' that the Catholic Church reckons happened years ago anyway?

Are we expected to take what they say as truth when we don't even have 'proof' that a god actually exists anyway, in order to provide these miracles for a few lucky believers?

I think what happens at Lourde's is a disgrace actually, as I have personally seen some extremely ill people being dragged half way across the world to have this water splashed on them, only to be very disappointed when nothing happens, and their precious god apparently decides they aren't worthy enough to heal...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 22 June 2014 2:56:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14