The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott, Obama and the new battle over climate agenda > Comments

Abbott, Obama and the new battle over climate agenda : Comments

By Benjamin Jones, published 13/6/2014

If Howard and Bush were in ideological harmony, Obama and Abbott are near polar opposites in many crucial regards.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
There are a hundred trillion reasons why the fossil fuel industry would have you believe that global warming is all a hoax. That is roughly the dollar value of the known reserves of fossil fuels that remain in the ground.

I know of no reputable scientific organisation that claims that human emissions of greenhouse gases are not responsible for the majority of the global that has occurred since 1970.

Until such time as the ice stops melting and sea levels stop rising there is no reason to hope that the climate is not being influenced by increasing levels of GHGs in the atmosphere.

History will judge the Abbott’s governments rejection of effective action on climate change very harshly. I would also suggest that taking on the US has never proved to be good policy.
Posted by warmair, Friday, 13 June 2014 3:45:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Second paragraph should read
I know of no reputable scientific organisation that claims that human emissions of greenhouse gases are not responsible for the majority of global warming that has occurred since 1970.
Posted by warmair, Friday, 13 June 2014 3:53:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benjamin, the last thing we need is another diatribe of nonsense like this, in support of the AGW fraud..

You fail to mention that there is no science to support the assertion that human emissions have any measurable effect on climate.

There has been no global warming for 17 years, despite the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere over that time. There is no reason to expect that warming if it occurs will be anything but beneficial. The increase in atmospheric CO2 has manifested in the greening of deserts, and increasd crop yields.

Your pathetic assertions are based on misinformation and lies.
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 13 June 2014 5:09:29 PM
The author should know better than to reiterate what the closed minds at the ABC have been harping daily about the different Obama and Abbott climate agendas.

Ironically, President Obama and other world leaders did not agree to reaching a global climate change agreement for the period from 2012 at Copenhagen in 2009.
Posted by Raycom, Friday, 13 June 2014 10:14:02 PM
It has been effective for fraud-backers like yourself, warmair, to announce the support of scientific institutions for the AGW Fraud. It appears that the American Physical Society will soon cease to back the fraud, and hopefully begin the unravelling of this scandalous state of affairs.
“he reason it's so significant is that it comes only three years after one of the APS's most distinguished members - Professor Hal Lewis - resigned in disgust at its endorsement of what he called "the global warming scam."
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/20/American-Physical-Society-Sees-The-Light-Will-It-Be-The-First-Major-Scientific-Institution-To-Reject-The-Global-Warming-Consensus
Posted by Leo Lane, Saturday, 14 June 2014 12:29:59 AM
I will make it simple....olo....do what you will....Iam going back to my environment forums, for where I belong.

Kat
Posted by ORIGINS OF MAN, Saturday, 14 June 2014 7:40:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy