The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott's way > Comments

Abbott's way : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 23/4/2014

The Australian prime minister Tony Abbott is renowned for calling climate science 'absolute crap'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. All
Abbott's view of climate matters is dangerous. He has no regard for anything what so ever. And now he is trying to slow down the onslaught os solar. Not much hope of that people can see the benefits, loud and clear.
Now batteries are coming down to a much more manageable cost. The coal fired generators have been in Abbott's ear and no doubt filled his pockets.
The talk now is to move the market based wholesale electricity to a fixed price wholesale price. Which means the generators will determine the price. That will be goodbye Off peak power.
With less and less demand for electricity from generators, and people that have not invested in solar have rocks in place of brains. Just like Abbott.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 5:16:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks, Poirot, it was careless of me not to check and to just assume that it was more misinformation from our delinquent author.

It is absolute crap, and I am delighted that Abbot said so.

It is great to have him in charge

Aussieboy, Google will not educate you. It supplies knowledge, but you lack the means to process it, so will continue to spout nonsense.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 5:39:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mike Pope,

You seem to be confused. You seem to think CO2 is climate. You don't seem to understand that pricing carbon will not have the slightest impact on the climate but will damage our economy and, therefore, human well-being. After over 20 years of ideologically driven nonsense it seems many still don't understand the basics.

The most important things we don’t know about human-induced climate change are:

1. Will increasing CO2 concentrations bring forward or delay the next rapid climate change event? What are the probabilities?

2. Will increasing CO2 concentrations make the next rapid climate change event more or less damaging? What are the probabilities?

3. Will the advocated GHG mitigation policies make beneficial changes to the climate? What are the probabilities?

4. If so, what is the expected magnitude of the benefit? What are the probabilities?

5. What is the probability the advocated mitigation policies would succeed given the realities of international politics, economics, conflict, etc?

6. What is the probability the advocated policies would deliver the expected benefits (i.e. climate damages avoided)?

These are what I believe are the most important things we don’t know about climate change and the climate policies commonly proposed. Until I believe I have satisfactory answers to these questions, I would not support mitigation policies that will damage economic growth.
Posted by Peter Lang, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 5:40:15 PM
Climate change is real, climate science is crap !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 10:18:37 PM
Look CO2 emissions have gone up and up and up, while global average temperatures have remained level for the last 17 years.

This means that ALL the scientific models, and therefore the so-called "science", are, and always were, FLATLY INCORRECT. And on that basis, they declare themselves "95%" confident that they're right!

Warmists, just do a favour to the non-evil-moron part of the population: understand this. It doesn't matter how much "consensus" there is in something that's wrong, it's still wrong you morons! Wake up! And grow up! Stop killing millions of people in the third world with your deluded religious nonsense!

Those still plugging the belief that "the planet" isn't going to be safe for "our grandchildren", despite their inability to prove it by TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENTS, and instead referring to what "Google" or the ABC or some unspecified "science" says, are either dishonest or stupid, there is no other logical explanation, and it's as simple as that.

The carbon tax and direct action should be abolished, all climate change policies and departments should be abolished, all those who have profited from this scam should be punished with imprisonment, and all those who supported or voted for it should have all their property sold off and be bankrupted as the smallest restitution for their part in this, the biggest and most offensive anti-human fraud in the history of the world
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 11:20:55 PM
Past mass hysteria.

1 The world would end in AD 1000
2 The world would end in AD 2000
3 The millennium bug.
4 The world is running out of food.
5 The world is running out of oil
6 The world is heading for a catastrophic Ice Age.
7 The world is not heading for a new Ice Age, it is the other way around.

The real issue is this strange facet of human behaviour which insists that catastrophe is just around the corner. Psychologists call it the "Chicken Little" effect. When I see a US Air Force general walking around with a "The End is Near" sign, I will only then start to get worried.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 24 April 2014 4:16:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22