The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott's way > Comments

Abbott's way : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 23/4/2014

The Australian prime minister Tony Abbott is renowned for calling climate science 'absolute crap'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All
You do have a tendency to misinform, Mike, even in small matters like Abbot’s description of climate science as absolute crap. He called it crap, and you added “absolute”. That, of course, might just demonstrate that you are careless.

However, “The incidence and severity of floods, droughts, heat waves and bushfires in Australia will increase causing a rise in premature deaths, loss of property, crops and livestock. By mid-century this is likely to be increasingly evident and problematic, “, shows that you are a blatant emitter of misinformation.

There is no basis for assertion that global warming will have any detrimental effect. Past episodes of warming have had a positive effect on humans, and your assertion of effects has no scientific basis.

You talk glibly about emissions but there is no science which demonstrates any measurable effect of human emissions on climate.If you are aware of any such science, please let us know. Otherwise, there is no basis for any requirement to reduce human emissions, and it is fraudulent to pretend that there is.

Abbot does not go far enough in his opposition to the AGW fraud. We need a Royal Commission to enquire into how this fraud gained the support that it did, culminating in the imposition of the scurrilous carbon tax.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Mike, for producing misinformation like this
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 12:08:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its time we sued the climate activists and 'experts' for the consequent costs of their bad advice. Billions have been wasted, completely.

There is no global warming, no climate change for 17 years and even the dishonest, activist-infested IPCC has acknowledged it.

The so-called 'clean energy' is just 'expensive waste'. We are paying a fortune for rubbishy, intermittent power. Decisions at high levels damage the ability to make cost-effective reinvestment decisions in generation and grid.

Desalination plants and alternative energy schemes cost billions because Green, activist advisers thought their speculation was gold plated; now the plants lie idle, still costing money every day. Poor people pay more for power because of these dishonest advisers and their dishonest journalist henchpersons.

Professional liability suits are the answer - take their super, their waterfront houses, their expensive retirement travel plans and return the money to the people they deceived and exploited.

Flannery, Hamilton, Lewindowsky, Gore, Mann and hundreds of others - in collusion with dishonest journalists - represented themselves as experts and their advice as valuable, while discrediting those who told the truth.

Sue them.
Posted by ChrisPer, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 12:29:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
‘morning Mike,

Many thanks for pointing out the process and list of achievements Abbott had promised. All we need now is for the Senate to recognize the will of the voters and we can all get on with life beyond the great alarmist scam.

Too late for the Europeans who have had 800bn Euros ripped our of their collective economies and now face years of austerity. At the same time the EU is backing out of what is left of the collapse of the Green energy revolution.

It’s even more tragic to be reminded that in spite of the EU’s enormous sacrifice to the great green Gaia for nothing, they are now returning to fossil fuels. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned and that we should consider prosecuting our own green fraudsters.

Royal Commission anyone?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 12:50:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow i can't believe you guys are still in denial, The rich greedy bankers stuffed the EU not greens, I guess we just wait and see according to you guys every thing is sweet and dandy what happens when it's not? Who will you blame then as your kids are dying. I don't consider myself a Greenie but i am certainly not interested in the opinions of people who are to self centered to care about more then how much money they can fill their pockets with now at the expense of the future generations, Let say on the 1 in a trillion you are right what is wrong with cleaning up the planet Really is this how you keep your own backyard
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 1:05:43 PM
Aussieboy, you want to clean up the earth, you pay for it.
I voted to do awsy with the climate warmist crsp. Abbott was closest to what I want just as kevvy's nonsense was closest to what you wanted.

Abbott won and his policy is now the Australian government policy.
End of story.
If you oppose the government policy to change it you need to convince the Australian voters. Calling them names like 'deniers' won't work. Nor will repeating all the scare monger arguments that current observations have discredited. That only says you think the voters are incapable of reading and making their own assessments.

It's time you caught up and abandoned the old greenie terrorist play book.

You only turn off now much more aware voters.

Even Clive is going to vote against repealing the carbon tax. That he is now siding with all the climate warming terrorist frausters should tell you something.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 1:40:55 PM
So you like living in filth feel free, I personally don't and I don't want my children doing it, Do you believe it's not our problem ?
Let's just leave it to the polluters , Next generations problem Is this really how you people think, As for Tony the way his going he doesn't have a chance at next election, And speaking of Clive he will say any thing to get votes same as rest but At-least he is more up front about it and a lot of dissatisfied voters are going to vote for him as an alternative. So is looking like very bad governments for awhile but that still doesn't mean we shouldn't make moves to cleanup our Planet.
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 2:10:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy