The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott's way > Comments

Abbott's way : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 23/4/2014

The Australian prime minister Tony Abbott is renowned for calling climate science 'absolute crap'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All
We are not deniers, Aussieboy, we are Realists. Our opinions are fact and science based. In case you haven’t noticed, fraud-backers have no science to deny. The assertion of AGW is without scientific basis, so your position is adopted through ignorance or dishonesty.

To assist us, please let us know whether you were aware, when writing your post, that there is no science to back what you say. If not. Then your statement is ignorant. If you were aware, then you are dishonest. Please clarify your situation.

Of course, if you are aware of any science which demonstrates any measurable effect on climate by human emissions, let us have the reference.

What do you think “cleaning up the planet “ means? CO2 is a colourless odourless trace gas, essential t all life on earth. If the fraud-backers were able to have it reduced in volume to 180 ppm your kids would certainly die- from starvation- because crops would fail.

Seek an education, Aussieboy, and stop talking nonsense.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 2:15:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yea it's called Google why don't you try it, Every leading scientific body in the world has a listing on climate change 95% true %5 like yourself are deniers
And again i will ask why do you want to live in filth ?
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 2:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clean up their own filth and mess? Humans? No way! There's money to be made!

Dig it up, consume it, faster now, how big is our profit, how much will the shareholders get, and the executives, these are life's big questions?

And when we've trashed our planet completely, we'll move somewhere else and repeat the exercise.

Yeah, 'Use and Abuse, no Excuse' is our motto. We're known for it!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 2:46:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have never been able to understand why it is that economists are the easiest people on the planet to fool with a good fraud job.

Perhaps I'm wrong, & they are not taken in, but just see lots of money flowing all over the place, & reckon that means lots of very profitable consultancies will be available. Come on Mike, tell us, are you easily conned, or just good at smelling out a buck.

One of the things that worried me about Abbott for a while is that he is a trained economist. Fortunately he then stated global warming was "crap", & we knew he had not fallen for the fraud like the rest of them.

Then Mikes backer, Aussieboy. We don't have to wonder about him. He is so dumb he thinks the "rich greedy bankers" as he puts it, are anti the global warming con job. They are right in it boy. Any time fools are throwing around, large chunks of money, there are huge profits for the bankers.

Hey boyo would you please show me some of this filthy CO2. Perhaps no one has told you yet, CO2 is a colourless, odorless, invisible plant food. Without it all life on the planet dies.

When we had a lot more of it, it was so good for life that life grew rather large. Those dinosaurs could not have existed with out the prolific plant life a much higher percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere supported. I reckon it is about time you started thinking for yourself. Those global warming academic conmen, & the so easily conned economists will take you down, quick time, if you listen to them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 3:10:22 PM
Dear Aussie Boy and David G.,

An overwhelming reason to stop (or at least reduce) burning fossil fuels is clear and simple: it was slowly accumulated in the ground for billions of years, deposited as the bodies of myriads of micro-organisms fell to the ground (or the bottom of the sea which was often raised later) - and now within just 100-200 years we waste it all, at a rate of about 1000 years per hour, leaving nothing for the next intelligent species that will inherit the earth once humans are gone!

That is obviously wrong - why then do you need any other excuse?!

Why instead do you hang on to that ridiculous fantasy that was invented by Margaret Thatcher (whom I suppose is not your favourite lady...) in her desire to crush the coal-mining unions by replacing coal with nuclear electricity?

By adopting this nonsense, you distract people from the real problem and one thing is certain - you are not helping this planet!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 3:26:08 PM
Sussieboy
There is no need to cast nasty aspersions the way you did.

What makes you think I live in filth.

I live on a yacht have a far smaller carbon or trash footprint than you. I also sail oceans. They are far cleaner than any of the cities I know.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 3:45:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy