The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: Obama lacks understanding and vision > Comments

Palestine: Obama lacks understanding and vision : Comments

By David Singer, published 13/3/2014

Clearly, in Eastern and Western Palestine, there are only two peoples, the Arabs and the Jews. Just as clearly, there are only two states in that area, Jordan and Israel.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
A bit reductionist to argue that there are only two peoples in the Israel/Jordan area. No Christians? No Druze? No Egyptians?
Ditto for only two states. No Syria? No Egypt? No Lebanon?
For the sake of argument I can let that pass, and I also definitely agree that it is well past time to drop the myth of a "two state" solution. Declare the border between Israel and Jordan to be along the Jordan river, splitting the Dead Sea between the two, then split the Sea of Galilee likewise and continue south along the old established border to the Red Sea.
Then allow the established practice of granting full right-of-return to all those displaced by the wars since 1948, declare Israel to be a democracy of one person, one vote, and all rights of citizenship to be fully equal for all parties.
This would mean equal access to infrastructure such as to all roads, and to all water.
And while we're dreaming, come on down out of the Golan and quit pinching land off Syria.
So doable. Only Israel stands in the way of peace in the Middle East.
Posted by halduell, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:25:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I could be wrong but I think you do not understand the big picture.

You say Obama like he is BOSS it would be more apt to say whoever is pulling the strings of the puppet.

Also what a reasonable thinking person wants is more than likely NOT what the puppet masters want they have there own agenda and it does not include you and me.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:26:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I read again this Zionist propaganda with some incredulity.

Is it true your Prime Minister Netanyahu would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 13 March 2014 1:31:14 PM
"Jordan's King Abdullah needs to step up to the plate - and Obama must not let him refuse to do so."

Better invoke Putin - he's a greater bully, his troops are better ready than Obama's and he knows better what to do if Kiev tries to serve the wishes of the Ukrainian people instead of the interests of Russia.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 March 2014 3:40:42 PM
Get real Yuyutsu. Those thugs in Kiev overthrew an elected government. Have you no shame?
Posted by halduell, Thursday, 13 March 2014 4:00:52 PM
Dear Halduell,

Perhaps we just found an even more effective solution - maybe Singer should appoint YOU to force Jordan into submission to Israel's interests against its very own.

Anyone who succeeds in forcing 3 million Jordanians, a poor nation living in one of the most arid and resource-less countries, to accept a hostile extra population of 4 million or so, can surely also "convince" Abbott to accept 30 million Afghan refugees.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 March 2014 4:39:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy