The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: collective amnesia spells collective disaster > Comments

Palestine: collective amnesia spells collective disaster : Comments

By David Singer, published 6/2/2014

Witnesses were available in abundance, but that hasn't stopped the US reneging on its promise.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
To #Yebiga

Jew-haters claim they only hate those Jews they differentiate as "Zionists" - Jews who support the right of the Jewish people to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in its ancient biblical and legally sanctioned homeland.

The preamble to the League of Nations Mandate for Palestine clearly and unambiguously stated:

"Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country; and

Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country;"

These provisions also expose why your following propagandist claim about "Palestinians" is drivel:

" But those Arab riots and their dates are entirely consistent with my points. They were against Zionism.. The riots are indicative of the Palestinians becoming cognisant of Zionist intention. It does you position no good raising this and only confirms the treachery executed on the Palestinians."

How come the "Palestinians" did not rate a mention in the Mandate?

How come the riots were by "Palestinians" against "Zionism" - not the murder and slaughter of Jews who had come to live in Palestine in accordance with the legal approval given to them to do so by the unanimous consent of the League of Nations?

The Arab population of Palestine - as distinct from the Jewish population of Palestine - might not have liked the decision of the League of Nations.

But did this entitle them to riot - and in so doing murder maim and wreak havoc and mayhem on those Jews who legally went to settle there?

Give us a break.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 12:23:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yebiga,

We agree that patriotism is a mental illness.

Regarding organised religion, I think that before proceeding we need a precise definition - at what stage should a group of people who come together in order to support each other on their religious path be called "organised"?

You asked: "What organised religion is good?"

Well, any organisation that helps people to come closer to God, is good - but this obviously still fails to answer the question whether or not organisations are capable of helping people to come closer to God (in other words, whether they are indeed religious, or merely claim to be so).

Suppose for example, a group of people incorporate and collect money to build a monastery, where they can spend their time in prayer and meditation without being troubled with worldly affairs - is that too organised for you? do you claim that it cannot help them on their spiritual path?

Now suppose that not only they cannot each on their own financially afford to live in seclusion, thus they need the group for their common building, but also they don't know how exactly to pray and meditate and avoid the world, so they bring in a resident saint who can direct them - would that be too organised for you?

Now suppose they also record the words of that saint, so future generations can benefit from them as well - would you consider that too organised?

Etc.

So please tell me where do you draw the line before we can have a meaningful discussion.

<<Is that not precisely what David is doing here, justifying what cannot be justified except by religion and patriotism?>>

He can tactically produce whatever justifications he can find, but clearly he doesn't believe it himself, because he comments here on the Jewish Sabbath: If he truly believed in the bible, then he would not be breaking the 4th commandment on these very pages. He may be a patriot, but is certainly not religious.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 1:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David, how the hell should I know why the mandate refers to them as non Jewish as opposed to Palestinian. But I can't see how any interpretation is going to help your cause.

I would suggest the most probable reason is that unlike the Zionists, the Arabs had no clear objective. They had lived under the rule of bigger powers for millennia. They had no plan to form a nation.

But all this is just nonsense. Your possessed by both religious ardour and patriotism. Everything that spews from your mouth is merely justification for the diabolical crimes committed to sustain this disease you suffer and wish to spread.

Consider that you insist time after time to accuse me of hating jews. I will not be drawn into your death spiral. I don't care for any religion and in particular I do not care for any Judeo/Christian/Islamic disease of the mind.

You suggest that being anti Zionist is merely code for anti- semitism. Are there not a significant number of jews who are not pro Israeli, jews who in fact call themselves anti-Zionist? Nevertheless, to avoid further charges I will from now on call them Israelis. How is that will that suffice?

No amount of detailed argumentation can dissimulate Israeli guilt.. It is well and truly time for all jews to realise this religious ardour mixed with patriotism which is what supports the state of Israel - and that it must be abandoned. Such a gesture is the only hope for the region. The weaker party, the Palestinian, cannot make such a gesture. Israel can and must inevitably. A secular nation incorporating both Israel and Palestine is the only road to peace.
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 1:34:17 PM
Yuyutsu
Its a slippery slope. I have had a similar discussion some time ago on a philosophy forum. I think we agreed that once a religion begins to sell itself as the sole path to god it is a problem. I think once a religion purports anything without compassion and understanding it has lost its way and become dangerous. And of course, once a religion attempts to become a nation, it is no religion at all.

My opinion of religion is that it is riddled with mendacity and snares to entrap you. We all have a personal responsibility to find our own truth and our own path. Whilst, I may linger for a while to be inspired or mentored, if I stay too long I am on some else's path and am in danger of betraying myself and misleading others.

I don't consider myself spiritual but I believe every human being is a unique celebration of infinite creation. Everyone of us is fascinating and remarkable. When we are not, it is entirely because we have become entrapped in someone's web. Our unique power is then suppressed and we become far less than we can and should be. The traps and snares are however part of the journey and not to be simply avoided but overcome.

Thus our friend David is clearly a clever fellow, but trapped in the Judeo/Israeli paradigm he is far less than he could and should be. His natural talents and intellect is no longer deployed towards his unique self but rather he is engaged in counting and remembering Palestinian and Arab excesses against Israel and jews. These must always exceed those excesses listed by Palestinians or Arabs against Israelis and Jews. By always winning this count and adding to it with carefully crafted arguments and rhetorical tricks he can remain justified in his self imposed counting house.

May they all come to their senses.
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 2:21:58 PM
#To one under god

OK so I again randomly picked out another of your articles:
http://www.theeasterntribune.com/story/2578/israeli-forces-attack-al-aqsa-mosque/#sthash.wUPU2LbY.nQr8Wx8C.dpbs

Guess what - only half the story was told once again - that part that defamed the Jews

It stated:

"The Muslim worshipers gathered to defend the mosque and threw stones in retaliation of the gas grenades fired by the Israeli army. The Muslims chanted “We sacrifice our blood and souls for you, Aqsa!”

Al Jazeera however added the following to the article cited by you:

"Israeli police spokesperson Micky Rosenfeld said police had responded after stones were thrown at them.

"After the Friday prayers on the Temple Mount there were stones that were thrown by number of asked (sic) Palestinians toward police officers that were located at the Mughrabi area which is just outside the Temple Mount," he said

"Israeli police units responded by using stun grenades and entering inside the Temple Mount area, immediately we made sure that we dispersed all the rioters."

Rosenfeld said police had arrested seven people during the two-hour operation."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/02/israeli-forces-raid-al-aqsa-mosque-201427164534755189.html

Again your sources quote half the facts - the stuff that propaganda breeds on.

As for your claim:

"GO DESTROY PALISTEIN IF YOU DARE
your slow killing them with starvation/poisend water..radioactive munitions gass warfare phosphor and OTHER inHUMANE..perversions.."

How come the Palestinian Arab population both in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza are increasing in numbers?

I am sick of your unsubstantiated Jew-hating statements based on incomplete and deliberately omitted facts.

Revise your reading list and get the whole story - not half.

I am done with you mate.

Rave on to your heart's content

You are a nasty piece of business. Next post from you will be met with good news from Israel. Discussions with you are a complete waste of time.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 2:27:49 PM
Zionists operate a pincer movement to justify their brutal occupation of stolen land. Both arms of the movement base themselves on a claim that outsiders have "given" the land of the Palestinians to foreign Übermenschen.

1. The arm favoured by modernists like David Singer rests on gifts of the land (through treaties and resolutions) by non-Palestinians to get the "Jewish problem" out of their hair.

2. The other arm, favoured for example by that truly vile and eminently shootable woman (a Sharon aide de camp) who spoke on last night's Four Corners programme[1] is the blasphemous claim that God promised the land to the so-called "Jewish nation". A gift of Palestinian land by an invented non-Palestinian "God" to an invented non-Palestinian "nation"!

Mr Singer's "solution" is to sweep the Palestinians into Jordan (until the Zionists discover a divine promise of Jordan to "the Jewish nation").

There's a much better solution - sweep the settlers back into their own homelands or the homelands of whoever would be stupid enough to have them.

The very WORST solution is for the decent people of decent countries to even CONSIDER wasting any more lives and treasure pulling the chestnuts out of the fire for a bunch of wannabe Übermenschen and their sacrilegious claims. Averting any risk of this requires a long battle to change unmerited sympathy into richly earned hostility, in the teeth of whining claims of "Jew-hating" or (ta-ta-ta-taaa) "Antisemitism".

[1] If you missed Four Corners it's at http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/81460405 until Sunday week (March 02). A vivid picture of the filth against which decent people worldwide are ranged.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 2:43:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy