The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My dear prime minister > Comments

My dear prime minister : Comments

By James Arvanitakis, published 22/11/2013

I wanted to write to you a list of the concerns that much of the population share that I believe cross the political divide. These issues are beyond 'left and right'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
You are correct, Professor Avranitakis about the six items that are of concern to the majority of the population. You just forgot to mention that the majority oppose your position on all of them.

The majority do not accept that the people that you call "refugees" are genuine at all, and Abbott basically won this election on this issue. Even in your native Greece the Greeks are fed up of illegal immigrants.

People are becoming more sceptical about climate change primarily because of the holier than thou attitude of the minority who promote it, that the majority do not trust. You side has a credibility problem of your own making.

Perhaps you could direct your criticisms of gender equality towards your luvvie friends in the ABC who seem to be setting the standard for senior management male discrimination? All of the senior ABC management who get the big bucks are male.

The majority of people do not hold Tony Abbot responsible for the fact that too many aboriginal people adopt unhealthy lifestyles in remote areas far from medical coverage. Blaming whites for aboriginal dysfunction while ignoring aboriginal behaviour is a certain way to make the electorate angry and vote against any party that accepts this odd reasoning.

The majority of people do not agree with homosexual marriage. If you think I am wrong, then let's have a referendum on this issue. This is another reason why Labor lost.

Finally comes your pitch for self interest. You want more funds for universities but you are incapable of figuring out that importing people into this country who are crime prone and welfare dependent is one reason why there is no money form universities.

As a Greek you should be familiar with democracy, Professor Avrinitakis. Majority rules. Minority tails are not supposed to wag the dog.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 22 November 2013 10:49:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James, I know that your economic illiteracy prevents you from understanding why, but I always find it hard to distinguish between what you call progressives, and fascism.

Just out of curiosity, could you let us know how you distinguish what you believe in, from fascism? What about fascism do you not agree with? What is the difference between your view of the role of government, and fascists view of the role of government?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Saturday, 23 November 2013 7:43:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jardine K...<<..Just out of curiosity,..could you let us know
how you distinguish..what you believe in,..from fascism?>>..

how do..i decide..?
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040&page=0#176858

[its sort..of..a guide for tony...and our worlds leaders..too]
that..what they do to..me and you..they do to..god..and jesus..too.
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 23 November 2013 8:26:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Professor James Arvanitakis,

For good or ill, the major intellectual and social events of recent centuries, has been the progress of science in the transformation of the world. This has produced much anxiety and possibly some vocational envy amongst the humanities academia and the products of their doctrine, the political elites.

The partisan social issues and activities emanating from humanities academia are reflected in their influence upon the corruption of the curriculum in both university and high school education. It also relates to academia’s partial and very public position on scientific issues.

The frequency of opinion on socio/economic/scientific issues from humanities academia is only possible due to a compliant media, in particular public broadcasters who not only declare their partisan position on these issues, they also openly declare it their duty to promote this “truth”.

The influence of Humanities on the curriculums is best evidenced by the outcomes in dumbing down our educational results, this is so we might look at their next doctrinaire elitist pontifications as one of academia’s key achievements.

In addressing your articulation of the issues close to your ideological heart, one cannot help but noticing that these nicely coincide with your “progressiveness”. Whilst it is sad that the political party that best reflects your ideology lost the last election in a humiliating landslide, perhaps it is time for you to reflect upon the fact that a majority of Australians don’t share your perspectives.

It is curious then, that you write to our new PM to “put him back on track” with your lost socialization agenda? Or Could it be that you just wish to appear doctrinaire, partisan, elitist, superior or even a member of the intelligentsia?

As an academic I feel confident that you would wish to consider the above contribution and then re-read your own article. Or would that process invoke standards of discussion that are routine to rationalists but seem so remote to you that “reality ignorance” hardly seems ignorance at all.

Please feel free to discuss at your next lecture, let us know how you go.

Yours sincerely,

Spindoc.
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 23 November 2013 9:03:52 AM
Thanks James - well done!!
Posted by Atlarak, Saturday, 23 November 2013 9:08:03 AM
Good post, spindoc.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 23 November 2013 2:34:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy