The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Criticism of Israel is not anti-semitic per se > Comments

Criticism of Israel is not anti-semitic per se : Comments

By George Browning, published 24/5/2013

Parliamentarians of both State and Federal Parliaments have been enthusiastically signing the London Declaration which condemns ant-Semitism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
The problem with Israel-Palestine is not that its full of
Jews, Muslims and God forbid it, Christians, per se, but its full of
religious people.

Up Secularism, for peace. Thats what we enjoy in Australia.
And I'm not prejudiced, bigoted or dwarfgoted, per se, or nuffing.

And regarding Bishop Browning's future doctorate regarding "climate change and the Church" - climate change as we know is God's will, isn't it?

Poyda
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:06:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@asho

"wonder about the legitimacy of
a nation state in Palestine that has been built
on mass migration from far away eastern Europe."

E Europe is nearer to Israel than the countries most of the Arabs in the region come from.

FYI most of the people who **FLED** to Israel in 1948 onwards were not from E Europe. Conservedly 1 million were evicted from Arab lands, as opposed to around 600,000, most of whom fled from Israel at the insistence of their leaders, with the promise they would return when "the Zionist entity had been exterminated. All verifiable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THQ94yF1Ng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuGqpFxogRg

These people you object to from E Europe had closer blood ties and are genetically proven to be from the region. Most Arabs are not.
Posted by SF, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:09:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Israel is not a nation state, it is a rogue statelet without borders or constitution that encroaches illegally on land that does not belong to them.

Why on earth Australians have to have this place shoved down our throats day in and day out as if we have to love it or else beats me.

I don't love the place, I do care that we were helped by Palestinians in 2 world wars and then shafted them by voting in an illegal, immoral and non-binding vote to steal 56% of the land and give it to people who had no right to it just because the west did not want the people involved.

WE actively kept jews out of Australia for decades to protect the white Australia policy, the Brits and US made a deal to make them stay in Europe during the war and so on.

We don't now get to make the Palestinians suffer for our immoral and repulsive treatment of jews in the hands of the Nazis because we helped the Nazis by not helping the jews.

Just as today we prop up scabby brutal dictators all over the world and persecute those who escape.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:48:54 PM
Jews were not evicted from Arab countries, Tom Segev in his excellent book 1967 has long and detailed histories of how and why arab jews got to Israel, I suggest you read it and get back to us.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:50:54 PM
Mac -

First, let's stop putting antisemitism in square quotes. There's a parameter for ya, buddy.

Second -

"Say a critic of Israel described the creation of the country as "a colonialist project that resulted in the dispossession and subjugation of the Palestinians"

Would that be an anti-Semitic statement? If so,why?"

Yes, that would be antisemitic. Because for starters, the phrasing of your 'question' clearly indicates that you oppose self-determination for the Jewish people, alone amongst all people in the world.

This makes you a bigot, sir, whether you'd like to admit it or not.

Also, I would note that the Jewish people are the one ethnoreligious who have the most solid, indisputable claim to the land of Israel, Palestine, etc etc.

The Arab colonists who call themselves "Palestinians" have no such similar claim, and though a handful of them very well may have lived in and on this particular plot of land for generations, they are by no means native, and therefore to claim that they are being 'dispossessed,' as a result of their ancestors attempting, and failing, to ethnically cleanse the Jews from our homeland, is, pardon me for saying so, frankly insane.

Btw, colonies need a motherland. What would the motherland be in this case of alleged 'colonialism,' genius?
Posted by JayinPhiladelphia, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:56:20 PM
Marilyn - I'm amazed that you can even see straight enough to type, considering the vicious hatred that must be oozing out of your eyes.

The Farhud...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farhud

...is just one of the better documented instances of the ethnic cleansing of Jews from Arab countries, which affected hundreds of thousands, and which took place within just the past couple of generations.

Just because you don't like that history, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Posted by JayinPhiladelphia, Friday, 24 May 2013 5:03:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All