The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - Google goes ga ga > Comments

Palestine - Google goes ga ga : Comments

By David Singer, published 8/5/2013

Does Google recognise the 'state' of Palestine, and if it does, what significance does it have?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Dear David,

Respect for the rule of law is most important to me. More important to me is a consideration for right and wrong. Going back to my question. We agree that it was legal for Israel to use white phosphorus in Gaza. Was it right and moral to do so?
Posted by david f, Saturday, 18 May 2013 10:51:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your refusal to answer indicates to me that you don't care whether it is right or moral as long as it is legal. Martin Luther jr., Henry Thoreau, Mahatma Gandhi and the Israeli refuseniks all put morality ahead of legality. One should not disobey the law lightly, but one should be aware of the difference between justice and law. Apparently you put the law above justice and will support Israel in whatever it does whether it is just or not as long as you can claim the act is legal. I have the feeling that if Israel does violate a law you will ignore the violation. It was significant that you chose to beat on the Arabs rather than answer my original question in this exchange. You are not a mensch.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 18 May 2013 11:59:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you David F. for your excellent replies and observations.

Wouldn't it be time for Mr. Singer to move his articles to some legal forum instead of insulting us here week in and week out?

Perhaps we should petition Graham Young to relieve us of this barrage of articles.

As a Jew you should really be concerned that such depiction of Israel as a heartless legalistic-monster is detrimental to the very thing which Singer wants to promote - and therefore to Jews in general. The editor of Der Stürmer would have been proud of this portrayal of Jews as shrewd lawyers.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 18 May 2013 8:23:08 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I have expressed my opinion of David Singer with my replies to him. However, I am very reluctant to suggest that any speech be banned - especially speech that I find obnoxious. Others might find my views obnoxious and want to ban me. Graham is the editor and chooses what to post. I am satisfied to leave it to him.

As far as the stereotype of Jews as shrewd lawyers, Mr. Singer does not fit the stereotype. A shrewd lawyer is smart enough to appear unbiased and present his client's case as reasonable even if it isn't. Mr Singer is a bumbling lawyer whose evasions hurt his client's case. He destroys the stereotype. Jews can be as incompetent as anybody else. Mr. Singer proves it.

Peter Selleck is also a one trick pony who repeats his hobby horse ad nauseam. However, others whack him so I need say little. John Pilger has an unfailing negative viewpoint on whatever he reports. He reminds me of the man with Limburger cheese coating his mustache. He stuck his head out of the window and announced that the whole world stinks.

I appreciate your compliments.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 18 May 2013 8:50:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy