The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: burying the past, faking the future > Comments

Palestine: burying the past, faking the future : Comments

By David Singer, published 23/8/2012

Israel has a valid title to the land it occupies, whether the UN likes it or not.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Mr. Singer, I am aware it was your intention to shut down the exchange but I thought it necessary to correct your post as far as possible in this medium.

Beyond that you are trying to do a 1984. You are trying to rewrite history to the political advantage of Zionist thieves and murderers. I have seen literally dozens of creative "narratives" arguing in different ways to the preconceived conclusion that Zionists get everything in return for a few token concessions.

You presented clearly untrue statements. You deliberately used false designations such as referring to Transjordan at a date after it ceased to exist. You pretend colonial decisions are alive and enforceable while ignoring all legal and social changes since 1945 which have rendered them null and void. You invented a vote which never occurred. This is attempting to rewrite history.

History consists of events which have occurred. It is not a self-serving narrative. History is objective. Common beliefs about history are not real history. You are not free to rewrite it. Rational people will not let you get away with it.
Posted by The_Iron_Webmaster, Saturday, 25 August 2012 6:08:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G, The_Iron_Webmaster

Here is my only response to the pair of you:

The Last Letter from Mordecai Anielewicz

Warsaw Ghetto Revolt Commander

(April 23, 1943)

>>It is impossible to put into words what we have been through. One thing is clear, what happened exceeded our boldest dreams. The Germans ran twice from the ghetto. One of our companies held out for 40 minutes and another – for more than 6 hours. The mine set in the "brushmakers" area exploded. Several of our companies attacked the dispersing Germans. Our losses in manpower are minimal. That is also an achievement. Y. [Yechiel] fell. He fell a hero, at the machine-gun. I feel that great things are happening and what we dared do is of great, enormous importance....

Beginning from today we shall shift over to the partisan tactic. Three battle companies will move out tonight, with two tasks: reconnaissance and obtaining arms. Do you remember, short-range weapons are of no use to us. We use such weapons only rarely. What we need urgently: grenades, rifles, machine-guns and explosives.

It is impossible to describe the conditions under which the Jews of the ghetto are now living. Only a few will be able to hold out. The remainder will die sooner or later. Their fate is decided. In almost all the hiding places in which thousands are concealing themselves it is not possible to light a candle for lack of air.

With the aid of our transmitter we heard the marvelous report on our fighting by the "Shavit" radio station. The fact that we are remembered beyond the ghetto walls encourages us in our struggle. Peace go with you, my friend! Perhaps we may still meet again! The dream of my life has risen to become fact. Self-defense in the ghetto will have been a reality. JEWISH ARMED RESISTANCE AND REVENGE ARE FACTS. I HAVE BEEN A WITNESS TO THE MAGNIFICENT, HEROIC FIGHTING OF JEWISH MEN IN BATTLE>>.

My name is Steven Meyer and I approve these words.

(I have capitalised the words Mordechai underlined in the original)
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 25 August 2012 6:19:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steven, I have seen a lot of footage during the last ten years of the IDF brutalizing, humiliating, assaulting and browbeating Palestinians as well as killing Palestinian kids, running people down with bulldozers, using Palestinians as human shields, destroying their homes and orchards, bombing them with phosphorous munitions, etc, etc.

Not once have I seen them doing anything that could be remotely construed as HEROIC! In fact they seem to be intent on perfecting the disgusting behavior of the Nazis or the Americans.

Could I suggest the IDF adopt a different role model! They might make some friends.

Cheers.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 25 August 2012 7:30:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Stevenlmeyer,

I have no understanding what it really means to be Jewish therefore the only truth I can speak here is my own reaction to your words.

In the past I would have seen them as a powerful message about the Jewish determination to survive in a hostile world and in one way that is exactly what they are.

But they are also a list of why you think I should 'look away'.

Millions will die from Israeli atomic weapons.

My petrol will get more expensive.

I will never get to see the Sphinx nor the pyramids.

It will be the greatest horror the world has ever seen.

THE MAGNIFICENT, HEROIC FIGHTING OF JEWISH MEN IN BATTLE.

But I can no longer look away from the activities of the Israeli Government or the likes of Mr Singer.

Just as the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising in 1943 cost over 50,000 lives the Warsaw Uprising of 1944 was just as brutal especially the Wola Massacre. Over 10,000 civilians were slaughtered on just the first day and three hospitals were burnt to the ground with their patients still inside. The nurses were "whipped, gang-raped and finally hanged naked, together with the doctors... to the accompaniment of flute music".

However if the Polish government were engaged in a brutal, dehumanising occupation of a people and sending in their own citizens to settle through dispossession the land of that subjugated people I would have to put aside the heroics and sacrifices made by Polish people in Warsaw and condemn them too.

Do I think the Jewish people deserve special dispensation for what Christian persecution final led to? Yes.

Am I happy that the Palestinian people have had to bear that burden even though they were not directly involved in the atrocities? Not at all but I am reluctantly prepared to wear it to some degree because of the first point.

But the continued occupation is too much. the stalling of a fanciful peace through incendiary West Bank settlements is too much, threats to attack Iran are too much. Mr Singer is far too much.
Posted by csteele, Sunday, 26 August 2012 3:25:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Steele, you said: "But the continued occupation is too much. the stalling of a fanciful peace through incendiary West Bank settlements is too much, threats to attack Iran are too much. Mr Singer is far too much."

I'm so glad you are no longer sitting on the fence regarding Israel.

Congratulations.
Posted by David G, Sunday, 26 August 2012 10:08:25 AM
Steven, not much of an extermination when there was a ghetto in 1943. That said all was peaceful there, no deportations to Auschwitz, until the ghetto revolted.

It started with terror bombing and other lethal attacks on Germans. Sound familiar?

One of the favorites methods was a bomb or grenade in a baby carriage. When found abandoned and they looked inside they were dead. After they stopped inspecting abandoned carriages jewish women started pushing them becoming suicide bombers. The Germans thought they had the problem solved when they made women show infants at a distance. The women then started having their children in the carriages so they could murder their own children while suicide bombing.

It was at this point the Germans decided to clear out the ghetto after attributing such barbaric behavior to communist infiltrators which the communists later claimed to be correct.

If you are interested you can google up the complete set of onsite reports on the revolt. They are rather matter of fact military communiques showing no ideology or political taint although some characterizations are as biased as those of the Jews regarding the Palestinians. Neither side likes suicide bombers.

It is unclear what you expected to gain posting such transparent Stalinist propaganda piece. Is it really possible you are young enough not to recognize it as propaganda?
Posted by The_Iron_Webmaster, Sunday, 26 August 2012 2:47:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy